Chapala.com Webboard

Number 4 Quatro noise level after hours - in Ajijic

solajijic

Your plan B sounds perfectly legitimate and as long as it would not involve different hours or violating decibel levels why would anyone care what type of music you feature? Why would that affect property values? Good for you having a backup plan.

"There's simply a plan B in place."

That sounds like a threat to me.  On top of your earlier threat.  That doesn't feel very neighborly of you.  And, sir, you are MOST CERTAINLY operating in a residential neighborhood.  People expect to sleep at night in B&Bs and hotels too of which there are only several nearby.  

Almost everything around you are either purely residences or a few small daytime businesses where the people live on the premises as well.  Those folks work long days and they like to sleep at night too.  

You sure aren't located in a commercial area and you insult our intelligence by suggesting otherwise.

We have our own noisy nuisance across the street so we certainly sympathize with the neighbors of Quattro.  The basic problem is these places with their open air amplified music well after the dinner hour are simply inconsistent and an unwelcome intrusion in residential neighborhoods.

11:30 PM isn't the dinner hour.  It is the bar/nightclub hour.  That's why you see the real restaurants in the area closing around 10 PM after the normal dinner hour.

The community could solve this problem among ourselves simply by adopting a general attitude that the nuisance in someone else's neighborhood can and will become the nuisance in ours unless we stick together and refuse to support the late night noise and booze business in anyone's residential neighborhood.  Support your neighbors and community in our right not to be subjected to loud music from bars late at night.

Just stay away.  Otherwise you are part of the problem, not the solution.

Having been around this issue for some time, I know that Solajijic is hardly a whiner about this or anything else.  

I'm curious as to why a resident of Chapala is on this thread insulting the people of a neighborhood miles away when they clearly aren't affected by the problem being addressed.  Are they part of the problem?

The new sound law is very strict.  I guarantee you if you can hear the music inside your home with the doors and windows closed, the bar is in major violation.  That's the place to apply the pressure.  

I wonder, too, if the local Transitos might be interested in running some DWI checks locally around closing time.  That might prove to be very profitable for them. :)

4 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

"There's simply a plan B in place."

That sounds like a threat to me.  On top of your earlier threat.  That doesn't feel very neighborly of you.  And, sir, you are MOST CERTAINLY operating in a residential neighborhood.  People expect to sleep at night in B&Bs and hotels too of which there are only several nearby.  

Almost everything around you are either purely residences or a few small daytime businesses where the people live on the premises as well.  Those folks work long days and they like to sleep at night too.  

You sure aren't located in a commercial area and you insult our intelligence by suggesting otherwise.

We have our own noisy nuisance across the street so we certainly sympathize with the neighbors of Quattro.  The basic problem is these places with their open air amplified music well after the dinner hour are simply inconsistent and an unwelcome intrusion in residential neighborhoods.

11:30 PM isn't the dinner hour.  It is the bar/nightclub hour.  That's why you see the real restaurants in the area closing around 10 PM after the normal dinner hour.

The community could solve this problem among ourselves simply by adopting a general attitude that the nuisance in someone else's neighborhood can and will become the nuisance in ours unless we stick together and refuse to support the late night noise and booze business in anyone's residential neighborhood.  Support your neighbors and community in our right not to be subjected to loud music from bars late at night.

Just stay away.  Otherwise you are part of the problem, not the solution.

Having been around this issue for some time, I know that Solajijic is hardly a whiner about this or anything else.  

I'm curious as to why a resident of Chapala is on this thread insulting the people of a neighborhood miles away when they clearly aren't affected by the problem being addressed.  Are they part of the problem?

The new sound law is very strict.  I guarantee you if you can hear the music inside your home with the doors and windows closed, the bar is in major violation.  That's the place to apply the pressure.  

I wonder, too, if the local Transitos might be interested in running some DWI checks locally around closing time.  That might prove to be very profitable for them. :)

11:30 may not be the dinner hour for retired gringos but it sure is for Mexicans.

The very act that they have a liscence to operate and have for years, along with other business, I would say makes it a mixed use neighborhood.  Don't like it, take it up with Public Works. Not the people with legally operating business. 

My guess is that the people who are all upset about this, like yourself, arean't their clients anyway to your threats of a boycot are pretty grim.  Not to mention this ACTUALY is a threat.

I wonder why you moved to a Mexican village with cuetes, bands, barking dogs, roosters, and yes restaurants with music.  It's probably better for people who want to force their North American ideas on this village, just to stay home.

• mod-3 locked this topic

Archived