Chapala.com Webboard

Time For The Annual Guess Start of Rainy Season Thread

Hearing a little thunder out there tonight from moisture being brought up by El Niño so let's get cracking on the Guess Start of Rainy Season Thread.

Rule:  Two storms in three days, 1 inch total, clear easterly flow on satellite views.  Date of first storm in the series determines winner.

My guess is a bit later this year.  June 21. I think stronger southwest flow will delay onset of easterlies that carry the rainy season.  I'll also climb further out on the limb and predict a below average season here. 

Post your guess and I'll edit this post to periodically list all of them as they come in.  Amateur meteorologists feel free to post why you picked that date.

LIST OF RAINY SEASON START GUESSES

Travis                              June 1

Mistermister                     June 5

Gringal                            June 2

Rony                               June 7

TomGates                        June 8

Glyn, justsayin                            June 10

LCS cats, Solajijic (3PM), 757       June 11

El Salto, Plumeau1                      June 12

Mostlylost, mhopkins2                  June 13

Johansen, Exyyz                          June 14

Hammerhead, JRM30655              June 15

Sunshiny Day                  June 16

Valerie                            June 17

k2tog                              June 19

Mainecoons                     June 21

Remember it is OK to pick a date that has already been picked!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

June 7th.

14 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Hearing a little thunder out there tonight from moisture being brought up by El Niño so let's get cracking on the Guess Start of Rainy Season Thread.

Rule:  Two storms in three days, 1 inch total, clear easterly flow on satellite views.  Date of first storm in the series determines winner.

My guess is a bit later this year.  June 21. I think stronger southwest flow will delay onset of easterlies that carry the rainy season.  I'll also climb further out on the limb and predict a below average season here. 

Post your guess and I'll edit this post to periodically list all of them as they come in.  Amateur meteorologists feel free to post why you picked that date.

LIST OF RAINY SEASON START GUESSES

Rony                               June 7

LCS cats                         June 11

El Salto                           June 12

Mostlylost                        June 13

Valerie                            June 17

Mainecoons                     June 21

June 15th it is,is it.

June 11 mid-afternoon about 3.

I will be lamenting the start because THIS is my favorite time of year here and we are not going north this summer so I will have to suffer a rainy season - ugh.

Over an inch of rain last night!  Don't get excited though, came out of the west.  Definitely an El Niño caused phenomenon.  Pacific moisture over central and southern Mexico has really deepened.

Sure freshened things up.  Nice!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived