Chapala.com Webboard

Confiscations

Zeb

On 5/7/2016 at 6:11 PM, Zeb said:

If something gets taken by the Aduana, do they give you a document showing what has been taken and the reason?

I ordered a plastic tray from China and it was supposed to come DHL.  It never arrived.  About 100 days later, I got a notice from Customs that to claim it, I needed to cough up about 30,000 MNX because they were charging me 300 MXN a day penalty for non payment.

Since the part cost $10, I let customs claim it

Two months ago I clicked on a website I saw on CNN for flashlights,never ordered them,never gave them any personal data,the price was $56 each and 6 of them arrived from Switzerland a week later via Correos Mexicanos and they had address right but the name was wrong, first name "bank" last name "america", they haven't billed me.

I notified the bank.

Pretty strange,but they are very high quality flashlights..

On 5/16/2016 at 0:47 PM, cbviajero said:

Two months ago I clicked on a website I saw on CNN for flashlights,never ordered them,never gave them any personal data,the price was $56 each and 6 of them arrived from Switzerland a week later via Correos Mexicanos and they had address right but the name was wrong, first name "bank" last name "america", they haven't billed me.

I notified the bank.

Pretty strange,but they are very high quality flashlights..

Sounds like a great deal.  Remember what the site was?

Very odd. Last 2 items I received that were shipped by Swiss Post took 10 and 12 days to leave Europe and 3+ weeks in Aduana and Correos de Mexico to reach Chapala.

How would you suppose without your name and address they could ship and in such short time?

1 hour ago, Mostlylost said:

Very odd. Last 2 items I received that were shipped by Swiss Post took 10 and 12 days to leave Europe and 3+ weeks in Aduana and Correos de Mexico to reach Chapala.

How would you suppose without your name and address they could ship and in such short time?

They had my address right but my name isn't Bank America and I gave them zero personal data,I saw the price and immediately clicked off..

Everything about it is very odd,from where they got my address to the delivery time from Switzerland via Correos Mexicanos.

Now I check my account everyday.

17 hours ago, cbviajero said:

Lightstrike 360.

Holy Moley, what a price.  I put an LED bulb in my Maglite of many years for about $6 and it probably is as bright and supposed to run off the batteries 3 times longer.

Plus the Maglite makes a great club.  

I have used dhl plenty of times....  to eliminate any issues i always have the sender write "OCURRE"  and the exact address of dhl on lazaro cardenas.

This means i will show up to pick up item at that facility. Get tracking # and keep track till it arrives to gdl

On 5/19/2016 at 7:20 PM, cbviajero said:

Lightstrike 360.

Holy Moley, what a price.  I put an LED bulb in my Maglite of many years for about $6 and it probably is as bright and supposed to run off the batteries 3 times longer.

Plus the Maglite makes a great club.  

Amazon

Archived