Chapala.com Webboard

Telmex and Telecable at same time?

Here is an example of some of the speeds that i am achieving, combining two 1.8 mbs telmex connections.
The first pic shows the meter for Connectify Dispatch......the other shows my actual speed when connected to 
the Guadalajara speed test server....and actually that time it actually connected me to the Mexico city server.

TCPIP4001.JPG

tvpip4.JPG

Thanks for those. This would be helpful to folks in Chapala Haciendas and Brisas de Chapala. I can't think they'd want to double their monthly fees, though some might feel it's important enough. One gal in particular I know who does a lot of downloading.

The shot showing your connection to the TelMex server in Mexico: is that using both modems, then?

It occurred to me that running a 3rd party software can only work in one way......that is, that the software, when activated, temporarily changes a variety of setting in your comp that already exist, which then allow it to utilize all incoming bandwidth.
I have been trying to isolate what those setting are, so that I can change them myself and avoid Connectify all together, since although it works....it's very unstable and unreliable.   After a while one connection or the other seems to cut out.
If you go to network and computer sharing/change adapter settings/right click (typically it's the wireless connection that cuts out) your wifi connection and go to properties....then click Configure, then the power management tab.......there is a tick box that says  allow this computer to turn off this adapter to save power....that definitely needs to be UNchecked.  you  must restart your computer to get the setting to take......But...what i'm finding is that over and over ...SOMETHING, is  reticking that box to allow that wireless adapter to be turned off remotely.
so i'm working on that.....however, in addition to that I did a little IPCONFIG work.
right click start....choose  Command Prompt (Admin)  Here we can tweak the win sockets to help achieve what we're trying to accomplish with the 3rd party software.
In your command prompt. type:..(.or copy and paste)
netsh winsock reset catalog           hit [ENTER]  this will Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults....next type
netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log          hit  [ENTER}   this will Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults

do the same for the next 3 tasks

netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled 

netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled

Finally, in your command prompt. type
Ipconfig /release                            hit [ENTER]
Ipconfig /renew                               hit [Enter]

restart your computer.
having done all that. after my restart, my download speed combined was 
3.43 mbs  WITHOUT running any additional 3rd party software.

Capturetcpip4.JPG

Archived