Chapala.com Webboard

Residente Temporal

If you wish please send me a scan or photo of front of your visa and I will check. SONIANGEL32@hotmail.com

The 2 means number of renewals which is unusual as normally one has 1 year initially and then 3 more. You may have done annual renewals.

For a PR you are to apply about a week before expiration as it is based on having 4 years. Some INM office vary but this is common.

If renewing as a TR you can start 30 days prior. 

saludos

Sonia

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 8:17 PM, shirley said:

I have a number 2 on back of residente temporal card, do I renew or change to Permanente?

If you don't complete your 4th renewal you will have to provide financial information to go Permanente but if you can meet the financial requirements it's probably worth doing. You can either pay the fees renew you temporal twice and them pay your Permanente fee or just pay your Permanente fee now. It's a bit of a pain but Spencer can help and we thought it was worth it. Plus you never know what changes they will make to the rules over the next couple of years. Just my thoughts.    

8 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

Especially if a certain someone is elected. Go for it now is my vote.

What exactly are you referring g to?

17 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

Well If Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador should win there could be major changes, but he has failed 3 times to be elected. Not knowing the chosen for PRI or PAN really doesn't matter. They both seam to make minimal changes regarding visas. 

Mostlylost,I think that he was referring to the wall builder.

I know who he was refering to. My statement is still correct. US politics are far less important than Mexican politics when it comes to imigration rules in Mexico which allow the inflow of tourists and expats bringig money to the economy. Only Lopez Obrador would be foolish enough to make it difficult.

• mod-3 locked this topic

Archived