Chapala.com Webboard

Naturalization Citizen Paper Pickup

That was a bit of a tongue twister, naturalization citizen paper pickup. :)  If you have picked up your IFE recently, could you confirm if you needed your apostille birth certificate to do that?  Online it says yes, in person at the office in Guadalajara they didn't mention it.  The birth certificate we had was turned into them to process the paper work.  

Oh to be a Mexican!  Now my husband can marry me here in Mexico and if anyone wants to know, it's 2 years till applying for citizenship after marrying a Mexican citizen.  3000 pesos less than going through a Mexican child.  I guess I'll be planning a wedding! lolol  We'll be newlyweds again!  We've only been married 28 years!

UPDATE: Mexican husband reread online site and said doesn't look like he needs the birth certificate after all. 

My husband went through the process recently and they wanted the apostille of his birth certificate.   We had it as we consulted a lawyer prior to starting and completing the process on our own. We were able to order it online from his birth State in the U.S however,  not all States offer this online service but, the other States probably will take phone requests.

Just a thought...  How can you marry someone in Mexico that you are already married to?  All of his documents will have you listed as his wife.  Also, if you have permanente status, he is listed as your husband.  And, I am assuming that your last names are the same...  Good luck with the process!  

He wasn't applying, just picking up the IFE, didn't need the birth certificate for that because now his citizenship paper acts as his legal birth certificate they said.  He's allowed to marry me as a Mexican. I still need to fix my name but the nationalization office told him he could marry me legally in Mexico as a Mexican marriage. Then I have to wait 2 more years to apply for citizenship.   

Archived