Chapala.com Webboard

In dire need of a caretaker for my male cat. I have to go to the states and he can't fly because of the heat.

If I could afford a pet sitter, but I cant.

I'm at a total loss.....I don't want to have to put him down.

What area do you live in and how long are you going for? It is possible someone could stop by a couple of times a day for him.

• Like 1

I can do it. I'm living in ajijic. I'll walk your dog daily. If that's what you want. Just come over make sure things are OK.

• Like 1

Where are you located or did you want to bring him to someone's house?  How long do you need the help?

• Like 1

On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 1:13 PM, Kat said:

In dire need of a caretaker for my male cat. I have to go to the states and he can't fly because of the heat.

If I could afford a pet sitter, but I cant.

I'm at a total loss.....I don't want to have to put him down.

Deleted by Rony

It would be easier to help you if you would answer some of the questions as to where you are located and for how long, etc.  Perhaps you have already found a solution.....

EVERYONE, I AM TERRIBLY SORRY FOR BEING UNABLE TO RESPOND.

I'm sick, I'm alone and attempting to juggle a thousand things at once.

I have no end date, I'm ill and have no idea how long I may be gone. If I need surgery, it could be 8 weeks, I won't know until I can get to a hospital in the states.

Whatever works for someone, he can stay with someone or I'm ok with someone coming here, even if it's only to feed him, change his box and pay him some attention for a bit? I can leave him space to come and go at will, but the place would have to be checked for birds and bats. He likes to brings gifts.

Please accept my apology.

I've not been to this web board and have never made a post. I'm sorry it was inadequate.

if anyone is still willing to help...please contact me at Flamekatx@gmail.com

Bless your heart, and I so hope you get the help you need! I won't be there til August, so I can't help you, but there are caring folks on this board who can.......I hope you get the help you need, and please don't consider putting the little guy down just yet!

• Like 2

The OP lives in the Chapala train station/ Soriana area she says. Possibly this is a fostering situation if it might extend for eight weeks. Otherwise maybe a couple of folks could take turns feeding the cat.

• Like 1

Thank You to Everyone who has responded with wonderful suggestions.

I am working on arrangements now and hope to be leaving soon.

Thank you all again!!!

Kat and the Gkitty