Chapala.com Webboard

Costco delivery service

22 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

First of all, I don't know how anyone can infer that Cynthia's receipts add IVA twice; she emails you a copy of her records, which doesn't show the tax anyway.

Costco receipt.png

CG--the bill you're showing doesn't have a taxable item. On my bills from Cynthia she shows a subtotal, delivery fee, tax and then a total.

The Costco receipt is just that.  Then there is Cynthia‘s fee and the tax on that fee, which she must pay to Hacienda.

Some folks do not read well, and some folks do not understand what they read. Then they end up not knowing squat and understanding diddle. That results in contentiousness and the flip of an occasional rainbird.

But, then; where would this board be without ill-founded grumpy arguments going round and round in circles for dozens of threads?

The apparent lack of math skills is another related subject to be saved for another time in order to avoid straining the ............... well, you know.

48 minutes ago, RVGRINGO said:

The Costco receipt is just that.  Then there is Cynthia‘s fee and the tax on that fee, which she must pay to Hacienda.**

Some folks do not read well, and some folks do not understand what they read. Then they end up not knowing squat and understanding diddle. That results in contentiousness and the flip of an occasional rainbird.

But, then; where would this board be without ill-founded grumpy arguments going round and round in circles for dozens of threads?

The apparent lack of math skills is another related subject to be saved for another time in order to avoid straining the ............... well, you know.

**RV, I don't think so.

Here is one bill to me from Cynthia: Items: $675.87, Delivery fee: $120.00, Tax: $53.34. Total: $849.21. On another: Items: $1279; Delivery fee: $120, Tax: $196.47, Total: $1595.47. True, I'm poor at math and I must stumble along and make mistakes.

I've already posted earlier that I find Cynthia's service a convenience to me. It's also meant to be a savings over SuperLake's prices for the same items.

However I see nothing wrong with trying to figure out the bill and how a total is arrived at. I do it on all other bills, for the sake of my budget.

If any post on this thread is grumpy and unfounded, it's yours. Or at least it's the grumpiest. :)

Lexy

I do qualify as an old grump, having advanced from the f column to the g column in the various classifications of “old“.  So, would it help if someone could post an actual receipt, or simply ask Cyntia for clarification before we all become clueless.

I find Cynthia's services to be a great help to me. Never having used Lakeside Express, I cannot compare the services. I will say I am a satisfied customer and have recommended her serivces to many others, who are equally happy.

I have a CostCo card, but no car. I can order what I want, and it appears at my door in 2 days. We occasionally go in with friends who do not have a card, but do have a car, and that is when the wine cellar gets restocked.

I also take pictures if things I think I might want at a later time. I send those to Cynthia when I do want them and it makes it much easier for her to find them for me.

1 hour ago, RVGRINGO said:

I do qualify as an old grump, having advanced from the f column to the g column in the various classifications of “old“.  So, would it help if someone could post an actual receipt, or simply ask Cyntia for clarification before we all become clueless.

That's just what Gringal and I have suggested. Let's ask Cynthia for clarification.

However, today's not a good day to ask Cynthia as she's probably in Costco as we speak, shopping for us.

Lexy

7 hours ago, Lexy said:

CG--the bill you're showing doesn't have a taxable item. On my bills from Cynthia she shows a subtotal, delivery fee, tax and then a total.

You're right. On this one, there is tax listed, but there is no indication which item(s) is taxed. However, knowing the prices of most items already, I've always trusted her. Perhaps one thing to keep in mind is that, using Jim&Don's service, doing CostCo groceries was their only job, and they built up their system over time. Cynthia and her husband do many, many varieties of trips to Guad, including personal shopping for any one of us. When we lost Jim and Don, she saw a huge uptick in orders, all to do with CostCo items. At that point, she had not had to worry about being so detailed on her receipts. And for me, I am still happy with the way she delivers the bill: once via email, and once in person. Jim and Don did not deliver bills by email. I also appreciate that she is trying to list the actual cost of CostCo food items right on her website, something that Jim never did. I don't need any more break out than that.

Costco receipt.png

4 hours ago, bournemouth said:

And if you do the tax calculation on this receipt, the item taxable is the shaving gel which at IVA of 16% is exactly 33.16 pesos.  Most food is not taxed - other items are.

That probably explains the asterisk at the end of the product listing. Good to know.

This is great. I have a few questions. How does she keep frozen food frozen until delivery? I was looking for men's  white athletic socks and did not find them (even in the search function). How do I order them? Is there a Costco website that has a full listing of thier products in Guad? Gracias

4 hours ago, gringohombre said:

This is great. I have a few questions. How does she keep frozen food frozen until delivery? I was looking for men's  white athletic socks and did not find them (even in the search function). How do I order them? Is there a Costco website that has a full listing of thier products in Guad? Gracias

Frozen food:  she has cold chests in her van.  I've noticed the frozen food is in good shape when delivered.

Athletic socks:  If you've seen them in the Costco store, just tell her that you want them.  She'll get them even if they aren't on her website.  We've obtained several items that way.

On 5/31/2016 at 9:01 AM, Lexy said:

Let's ask Cynthia to solve our questions.

Lexy

Why don't we leave Cynthia alone as she provides a good service to people, such as myself, who are very happy with it? I do not provide recommendations because too many of the Board readers are unrealistic, negative, or clueless. (Lexy, I am not addressing my comments to you. I used your quote because it represents the demands that are placed on service providers.)

I tend to avoid the service providers who waste their time trying to give information on this board. I would rather pay my providers to give me service. Cynthia is excellent and honest. 

40 minutes ago, ajijiccharlie said:

Why don't we leave Cynthia alone as she provides a good service to people, such as myself, who are very happy with it? I do not provide recommendations because too many of the Board readers are unrealistic, negative, or clueless. (Lexy, I am not addressing my comments to you. I used your quote because it represents the demands that are placed on service providers.)

I tend to avoid the service providers who waste their time trying to give information on this board. I would rather pay my providers to give me service. Cynthia is excellent and honest. 

Second that one.  She is obligated to charge IVA on her delivery service charge.  I don't know if she used to, but now she does. 

1 hour ago, gringal said:

Second that one.  She is obligated to charge IVA on her delivery service charge.  I don't know if she used to, but now she does. 

I agree with ajijiccharlie and gringal.  I know that in Canada, they charge GST, which is 'goods AND services tax'.  Cynthia is providing a 'service', therefore it is taxed!  Not sure where the confusion lies for some of the posters in the way she does this.

• 8 months later...

Archived