Chapala.com Webboard

Member's Total Reputation

Arjay

It's a pointless option right now. The previous software posted your name when you clicked "Like". This is simply a way to let the other person know you appreciate their post, without having to post anything yourself. Heck, there have been a few times wherein I've "Liked" someone who I normally would disagree with... I think that shows you are not disrespecting a person when you disagree, just having a difference of opionion.

Guest bennie2

they used to send a notify when someone "liked" your post w/the members name. i was on a internet vacation for 6 months, did not post. i had about 77 likes @ that time. started posting when site changed format. now about 25 additional "likes"- but i will never know who the members are. 

20 hours ago, bennie2 said:

they used to send a notify when someone "liked" your post w/the members name. i was on a internet vacation for 6 months, did not post. i had about 77 likes @ that time. started posting when site changed format. now about 25 additional "likes"- but i will never know who the members are. 

Kind of LIKE having a secret admirer :D

Guest bennie2

wrong. the board prefers to keep it positive. if something is offensive you can report. if the member suddenly disappears we know there were many reports. go for it.

Guest bennie2

that is immature. i can like posts & also dislike the poster. its the info which is important. even a stopped watch cann be right 2 xs a day.

Guest bennie2

its more fun to see who does the likes. why not contact a mod & ask about it? i usually had the same few members but maybe now there are more.

Archived