Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard
jarmen01

Seguro Popular

Recommended Posts

OK guys.... I just had my gallbladder removed and had it done through the Mexican Seguro Poplular system. If you have any questions I can answer about the process and paperwork etc., I will be happy to try and answer.  Have a fabulous day. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had mine out last week at the new Joco hospital. My suggestion is to take your own pain meds. Intravenous Tylenol and NSAIDs just don't cut the pain of getting holes in your abdomen. Laparoscopic surgery is available,  from which you can recover in a week, for $4500 MXN to rent the machine. Well worth it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am waiting on the finalization of my Residente Permanente, after which I will be applying for Seguro Popular. What can you tell me about the application process to smooth the way? Thanks

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Bobnliz,

Copies, copies, copies every time you go to the hospital or a clinic. Multiple copies of your Residente Permante, Comprabante de Domicillo, ID, Birth Certificate and your CURP#.  The first time bring copies plus the originals, they will then give you a "poliza" valid for one to three years.  Make many copies of your poliza, one for your wallet, one for your car, keep the original in your files at home.  If you lose the original you are screwed.  I have had them ask for up to 3 sets of copies at one doctors appt, one for the lab, one for the pharmacy and one just because they can.  I mean it, bring multiple copies to every appointment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

A few comments; always check in at the "Caja" first, they will give you a "cita book" where all of your future appointments will be written down.  Make sure you always bring this book with you on your appointments. they will then direct you where you need to check in next.  It is Mexican style, there will be up to 7 people that all have appointments with the Dr. the same time as you do, be patient, put on a smile, and bring your kindle.  Most medications they prescribe are free at the hospital pharmacy, but if they are not, you will need to pay for them out of pocket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jarmen01 said:

 

A few comments; always check in at the "Caja" first, they will give you a "cita book" where all of your future appointments will be written down.  Make sure you always bring this book with you on your appointments. they will then direct you where you need to check in next.  It is Mexican style, there will be up to 7 people that all have appointments with the Dr. the same time as you do, be patient, put on a smile, and bring your kindle.  Most medications they prescribe are free at the hospital pharmacy, but if they are not, you will need to pay for them out of pocket.

The most overlooked thing to do is when you arrive with your file to see a specialist and are at the door of the Dr.´s office ask someone waiting there: "Quien es la última persona para ver el Dr.xxxx?"  [Who is the last person to see Dr. xxxx?] That way you will not wait until they call your name after everyone else arriving after you has gone in. When the assistant comes out and asks who is to see Dr. xxxx line up in the order of arriving and she/he will put a number and circle it on the list and arrange for you to go in in order. Don´t grab the first seat far away from the door before you get on the list even if standing up close by for 20 minutes or stay far away, get close enough to the door to watch for the person in front of you go in and to hear them call names.

One lady posted here once that she didn´t do any of this and waited for 5 1/2 hours until they finally called her name before closing time as she was sitting all day way down the hall.

If you arrive early enough, about 1 hour or more before your appointment, you might be first on the list and not have to wait for the other 5 or 6 people to be seen. Don´t arrive at the exact time or you will be there for 2 or 3 hours usually waiting for  a 15 minute visit.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, bobnliz said:

I am waiting on the finalization of my Residente Permanente, after which I will be applying for Seguro Popular. What can you tell me about the application process to smooth the way? Thanks

 

You can get a membership with your temporary. All legal residents of Mexico are eligible. You don't need a permanente.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info, Joco... but I went direct to Permanente. Allowed if you are over 60 and retired... financial requirementa are a little steeper, but the price is right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 1st 3 year enrollment expires next month. I need to renew my enrollment. What documents and how many copies of each do I need to take to do so. Can this be done at the Jocotepec hospital or does it need to be done in Chapala. Do they charge a fee at renewal time?

TIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can renew at the Joco hospital and there is no fee. I say no fee if you are over 60. 

Take copies of your INM card, utility bill showing your address, CURP, birth certificate, and probably your SP membership that you have now, might speed it up. I think it is 3 copies of everything,  but take more just in case. I think that is everything.

 

Get there are 8:30 and it shouldn't take longer than 15 minutes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I "heard" that SP was now going to start charging for the coverage.  Anyone have any info above this?  I have to renew mine next March and don't want to be caught off guard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sandrita said:

I "heard" that SP was now going to start charging for the coverage.  Anyone have any info above this?  I have to renew mine next March and don't want to be caught off guard.

It is the same rules and policies as before. You fill out the CECASOEH (Certificate of socio-economic characteristics of the household) and they calculate your level on their socioeconomic scale and if is within the first 5 out of 10 the family pays nothing. If in the 6 to 10 level they pay from about $2,500 pesos per year to about $14,500 pesos per year for the family [10 on the scale]. About 98% of the families in 2013  paid nothing.

 

http://seguropopular.tamaulipas.gob.mx/afiliacion/proceso-de-afiliacion-y-reafilacion/

Google translation:

"Membership process and Reafilación

Procedure for affiliation:
• The holder of incorporation susceptible families attend an MAO (Modulo Care and Guidance) to express their will to join the system, which will also perform at the brigades of affiliation and re-affiliation to the effect that may be constituted.
• The MAO's or brigades requested the person concerned to provide the information necessary to requisitar the (Certificate of socio-economic characteristics of the household).
• MAO staff and brigade apply the CECASOEH affiliation. Once signed by the head of the family shall be considered the application for membership of the families to the System.
• The holder must submit a single copy of the following documents:
•Birth certificate
• CURP (Unique Population Registry Code).
• Official ID (voter registration, valid driver's license, military ID, valid passport).
• Proof of address (Water bill or recent light).
• Information obtained in the CECASOEH and the documents mentioned in the previous point will be handled confidentially.
• Cover the family fee, except in the case of families by socioeconomic status entering the non-contributory scheme.
• The MAO or brigade will provide the Charter of Rights and Obligations and issue the policy membership in the holder, members beneficiaries of the family, the protection of their rights, annual family fee and the medical unit indicated (Center health) corresponding to them.


Process for re-affiliation:

Based on the CECASOEH is valid for three years, according to the regime re-affiliation contribution locate the family may be made as follows:
• Automatic re-affiliation: Families of non-contributory scheme enjoy automatic re-affiliation for three years of validity of the CECASOEH. At the end of this period, the Undersecretariat of REPSS (State System of Social Protection in Health), through the MAO's, should apply a new CECASOEH.
• simplified re-affiliation: Families of the tax scheme may re-affiliate with the evidence of payment of the fees due them. This simplified re-affiliation may be made during the three years of validity of the CECASOEH. At the end of that period, the undersecretary of REPSS, using the MAO's, should apply a new CECASOEH.

For any of this kind of re-affiliation when the holder go to complete this process must submit a copy of the policy or receipt as appropriate, if the documents are misguidance only provide the name and present an official photo ID."

 

CECASOEH

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=es&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=es&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.repssyuc.gob.mx%2Fweb%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2011%2F03%2FVI-ANEXO-2.pdf&edit-text=&act=url

 

http://seguropopular.tamaulipas.gob.mx/transparencia/cuotas-familiares/

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.soniadiaz.mx/health-care.html

This process below is common but as anywhere may vary. I have signed up about 1000 people. None have paid.

These questions, normally in Spanish, are computer generated and asked by the receptionist. It is important you answer these questions correctly. An error may result in over-charging. Your answer will generate a DECIL (level) from I to X. The fees are annual and cost is for a family. So if one person or several are in a family it does not matter as cost is same. This is to encourage families to include their children. If . There is no chart that I am aware of that shows all the variables, which establishes your fee. You may pay for as little as 3 months or as much as 3 years based on a pro-rata amount of the annual costs below.

At some offices they want birth certificate. I often see expats who have not brought theirs. I recommend you do. Some offices for INAPAM also want a birth certificate. 

DECIL de Ingreso       Cuota Familiar Annual en Pesos

 

I                                               0          

 

II                                              0

 

III                                             0

 

IV                                             0

 

V                                             2,074.97

 

VI                                             2,833.56

 

VII                                            3,647.93

 

VIII                                           5,650.38

 

IX                                             7,518.97

 

X                                            11,378.86

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Joco said:

You can renew at the Joco hospital and there is no fee. I say no fee if you are over 60. 

Take copies of your INM card, utility bill showing your address, CURP, birth certificate, and probably your SP membership that you have now, might speed it up. I think it is 3 copies of everything,  but take more just in case. I think that is everything.

 

Get there are 8:30 and it shouldn't take longer than 15 minutes.

 

Can you go to the Joco hospital if you do not live in Joco?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, AlanMexicali said:

It is the same rules and policies as before. You fill out the CECASOEH (Certificate of socio-economic characteristics of the household) and they calculate your level on their socioeconomic scale and if is within the first 5 out of 10 the family pays nothing. If in the 6 to 10 level they pay from about $2,500 pesos per year to about $14,500 pesos per year for the family [10 on the scale]. About 98% of the families in 2013  paid nothing.

 

http://seguropopular.tamaulipas.gob.mx/afiliacion/proceso-de-afiliacion-y-reafilacion/

Google translation:

"Membership process and Reafilación

Procedure for affiliation:
• The holder of incorporation susceptible families attend an MAO (Modulo Care and Guidance) to express their will to join the system, which will also perform at the brigades of affiliation and re-affiliation to the effect that may be constituted.
• The MAO's or brigades requested the person concerned to provide the information necessary to requisitar the (Certificate of socio-economic characteristics of the household).
• MAO staff and brigade apply the CECASOEH affiliation. Once signed by the head of the family shall be considered the application for membership of the families to the System.
• The holder must submit a single copy of the following documents:
•Birth certificate
• CURP (Unique Population Registry Code).
• Official ID (voter registration, valid driver's license, military ID, valid passport).
• Proof of address (Water bill or recent light).
• Information obtained in the CECASOEH and the documents mentioned in the previous point will be handled confidentially.
• Cover the family fee, except in the case of families by socioeconomic status entering the non-contributory scheme.
• The MAO or brigade will provide the Charter of Rights and Obligations and issue the policy membership in the holder, members beneficiaries of the family, the protection of their rights, annual family fee and the medical unit indicated (Center health) corresponding to them.


Process for re-affiliation:

Based on the CECASOEH is valid for three years, according to the regime re-affiliation contribution locate the family may be made as follows:
• Automatic re-affiliation: Families of non-contributory scheme enjoy automatic re-affiliation for three years of validity of the CECASOEH. At the end of this period, the Undersecretariat of REPSS (State System of Social Protection in Health), through the MAO's, should apply a new CECASOEH.
• simplified re-affiliation: Families of the tax scheme may re-affiliate with the evidence of payment of the fees due them. This simplified re-affiliation may be made during the three years of validity of the CECASOEH. At the end of that period, the undersecretary of REPSS, using the MAO's, should apply a new CECASOEH.

For any of this kind of re-affiliation when the holder go to complete this process must submit a copy of the policy or receipt as appropriate, if the documents are misguidance only provide the name and present an official photo ID."

 

CECASOEH

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=es&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=es&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.repssyuc.gob.mx%2Fweb%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2011%2F03%2FVI-ANEXO-2.pdf&edit-text=&act=url

 

http://seguropopular.tamaulipas.gob.mx/transparencia/cuotas-familiares/

 

 

 

 

Does this apply for someone over 60?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sandrita said:

Does this apply for someone over 60?

I assume it applies to everyone as they do not mention age as making any difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sandrita said:

Can you go to the Joco hospital if you do not live in Joco?

Yes,  you can. You do not need to live in Joco.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sandrita said:

Does this apply for someone over 60?

http://www.soniadiaz.mx/health-care.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...