Chapala.com Webboard

Driving directions to Laredo

gogirl

We usually drive to McAllen but have decided to go to Laredo instead. Can anyone give me directions, please? I have checked here and couldn't find anything. TIA

When you get just beyond San Luis Potosi, take the hwy north to Matehuala instead of to Cd. Victoria.  Continue on through Matehuala, Saltillo, Monterrey(be in the far right lane coming down the hill at the cuota before Monterry or you will end up in the city instead of the cuota) and on to the river.

As I said in another post (and have posted before that), if you go to www.sct,gob.mx, scroll down the middle and click on Tramites y Servicios de la SCT, then scroll down on the left and click on Traza Tu Ruta, then enter origin and destination for your trip (with an intermediate point if you like), you will received a detailed routing, with tolls, which you can print out.  However, because of the congestion and police problem in San Luis Potosi, which others have also mentioned, I would recommend that you either use Zacatecas as your first destination and then Nuevo Laredo as your second one, or use Nuevo Laredo as your destination and enter Zacatecas as an intermediate point, so as to avoid SLP.  Try it and you will like it.

Wow, Geezer's mile-by-mile details are phenomanal!  Just one question.   What is the easiest way, and fastest, to get to the Las Palmas hotel in Matehuela when coming from the south.  It and the no tell are both on the north side of town so looking for the best place to exit the cuota.

Archived