Chapala.com Webboard

help! monarch caterpillar needs home

lobita

I have a couple of cuttings of tropical milkweed that I am rooting in water, with the intention of planting them in the garden of our new house, for Monarch feeding purposes. One of them, however, apparently came complete with Monarch butterfly egg. I now have a rapidly-growing caterpillar, who is quickly killing my little cuttings.

I don't want to have to kill this caterpillar, but the cutting can't support it any longer.

Does anyone near Ajijic or San Antonio have milkweed in their garden who would be willing to save a Monarch? I could deliver him/her this afternoon.

The PM system is broken here for me since the change in board software; I can neither receive nor send new messages. :(  I don't see your message, ajijicbound.

You can reach me at the following address: [redacted]

During the changeover to this new (yech) software, every PM was transferred as well, to the beginning of time. So it may be that your box is full. I had to delete a few hundred, at a rate of 25 at a time. These were messages I had already deleted once.

I have milkweed, I grow it in the garden to have a lot of butterflies. I will be back to town on Thursday, if you still have it on Thursday morning let me know...we can meet and I will give it a home or I can give you more cuttings..

The caterpillar has a new happy milkweed home as of this afternoon, hooray!  ... BMH, if my cuttings don't make it (one already has rootlets, but they are both now forlornly leafless!), I may hit you or ajijicbound up for some replacements.

Archived