Chapala.com Webboard

Looking for Art Supplies

For art supplies, you can check at Copy Riberas to see if they carry what you're looking for. It's located on the Carretera in mid-Ajijic, on the lake side of the highway across from the Oxxo convenience store.  Brenda runs this place and she's very helpful and most likely can order items for you if she doesn't carry it. 

For info re beads and other jewelry making supplies, contact Hensley on this web board. She can tell you everything you need to know. 

There is a national chain Mexico, with three store in Guadalajara. They are supposed to deliver to Chapala/Ajijic, but I have never tried that option. They have lots of sales and incentive programs, you may have to recruit a Spanish speaking helper to place the order.

https://translate.google.com.mx/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.lumen.com.mx/&prev=search

• 7 months later...
5 hours ago, LouisianaGirl said:

I am looking for beads, findings, yarn and fabric in Guadalajara.  Suggestions anyone?  Thank you.

For beads go to the jewelry area on Plaza Tapatia between Calzada Indepencia and Cabanas, next to Mercado Libertad (aka San Juan de Dios.)

For fabrics the best place is Mercantil Villanueva on Calle Pedro Buzeta in colonia Santa Teresita.  You can find exact address on internet.  They also sell yarn.  Closeby is Merceria Santa Teresita where they sell notions and yarn.

• 6 months later...
On 11/27/2016 at 7:22 AM, LouisianaGirl said:

I am looking for beads, findings, yarn and fabric in Guadalajara.  Suggestions anyone?  Thank you.

My wife and I have just relocated to the area from La Paz BCS. We're in the city of Tlaquepaque and I make custom glass beads. All beads are professionally annealed. All glass is COE 104. I can post pictures if you're interested. I have various sizes, some singles and others as multiples. I can create a custom focal bead or beads. 

Optionally you could stop by and I can show you the product which of course shows better in the natural light. My wife and I could alternatively arrange to meet at a cafe or restaurant. Bring a friend if you like.  

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello Flock, I am living up in GDL and make lampwork beads. Mostly from Italian Effetre but also from System 96 glass. If you're interested I can post some samples of my work. I have some listings up for sale right now at the facebook page Perfectly Flawed Glass Beads as well as some finished product at Artisan Designer's Jewelry Buy and Sell under the name Norm Stangl.

Archived