Chapala.com Webboard

GOSHA'S

Glyn

New restaurant opened where Bennos Computer used to be on the carretera, lake side next door to Telmex office.  I have not been there, a friend said they are really good.  Opened for breakfast and lunch close at 3 pm.  Offering breakfast, soup, salads and sandwiches.

We have eaten there twice.  I had the breakfast sandwich.  It was delicious.  Not just an egg with some bacon or ham, but more like a scrambled egg mix with mayo, cheese, tomato.  Easy to eat and yummy.  My husband and I have had breakfast twice and now plan to try lunch.  Highly recommend.

• 3 weeks later...

Was going to Bruno's for lunch today out of habit, but stuck my head into this place and saw a sign for the soup of the day.

The Sopa de Lima was delicious!!! Sandwich was also well-prepared with good ingredients, but just too much bread, which is so often the case. So I just threw off half the baguette and ate it like a caveman. All good, including the service, and there was also an interesting potato salad on the side. Finally, something different! And that soup....I'll be back just for that.

(Sopa de Lima photo below borrowed from a website, not taken at restaurant, but pretty representative!)

sopa_lima.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Ate here today.  I had breakfast #2 which consisted of eggs, sausage (or bacon), HOME FRIES, French toast, toast and coffee.  It was all grerat but a little too much with the French toast. Price was $95. My wife got a half turkey sandwich on soft French roll.  The turkey was real, not pressed lunchmeat and the size was like a normal sandwich elsewhere.  Also comes with good potato salad plus a side.  I don't remember if Linda's lunch included a drink.  They had a sandwich board full of specials for lunch, including a hamburger.  Next time there I'll order the hamburger on a French roll.  Two other couples walked in and we were all first timers with a desire to come back.  I'd like to try the cream of zucchini  or avacado soup next time.

8 hours ago, mhopkins2 said:

Ate here today.  I had breakfast #2 which consisted of eggs, sausage (or bacon), HOME FRIES, French toast, toast and coffee.  It was all grerat but a little too much with the French toast. Price was $95. My wife got a half turkey sandwich on soft French roll.  The turkey was real, not pressed lunchmeat and the size was like a normal sandwich elsewhere.  Also comes with good potato salad plus a side.  I don't remember if Linda's lunch included a drink.  They had a sandwich board full of specials for lunch, including a hamburger.  Next time there I'll order the hamburger on a French roll.  Two other couples walked in and we were all first timers with a desire to come back.  I'd like to try the cream of zucchini  or avacado soup next time.

We went yesterday and wished we had a soft French roll, both our sandwiches the bread was hard as a rock, I didn't even eat mine, potato salad was ok but very small portion, hubby asked for fries which were very good. The cucumber water was excellent.

• 2 weeks later...

The chilled avocado soup is a great find... wonderful picker upper in this heat... which is in fact what I do when running around... I pick it up to go!  Don't pass up the cubed watermelon thrown in... compliments this perfectly.   

Archived