Chapala.com Webboard

Permanent/semi permanent makeup

Wondering about this topic at Lakeside?  Like eyebrows, lips, eyeliner....tattooing?

Who does micro blading?

Who does it  and who is recommended?

Costs and length of lasting time?

Pain level?  Do they all use novacine needles? 

Are we being taken with gringa /gringo prices as I hear many other parts of Mexico much cheaper.

An interested gringa! 

13 minutes ago, camillenparadise said:

You must have an awful lot of time on your hands.....and there's so much to be done other than improving our eye makeup.....good luck with your hobby.

Oh, good heavens Camille!  How do you know she didn't have her eyebrows burned off or her eyelashes.  Or she's bored and has nothing better on which to spend her money.  NOT your business.

• Like 9

You know camillenparadise you are awfully judgemental. I for one have an illness which has caused eyebrow loss. The poster bezerk was just looking for info not your unhelpful two cents.

Yo1 You hit the nail on the head. No matter the reason it's no one else's business.

Snarky. Snarky. Snarky. 

• Like 4

you know what there are just so many nasty posters here...I am a cancer survivor if you must know...I have been bald, lost all my eyelashes, eyebrows etc. along with my female parts all of them...now you have some boring information. 

My eyebrows never grew in fully they are sparse.  My hair grew in different as well. 

Imagine me wanting to feel good about myself after they and a disease have marred me all up.. crooked eyebrows are strange...ha..I can show you strange.  Mutiliated body...

To add to the snarkiness I will leave on this note....

There are to many judgemental, know it alls on this forum and a lot could use some eye makeup and clothing improvement.  Yes I can be just as snarky, remember I have survived much nastier than any of you could ever be.

Thank you for your helpfulness.  Hope you all have a less than boring weekend.  May you never walk in my shoes.  I would not wish that on my worst enemy.

• Like 8

Bezerk. Yes,  I and my relative have used her for eyebrows and eye liner.  The novacaine injections do sting but then the area is numb and you have no pain.  Dra. Luquin has permanent make up done by herself and it is exquisite.  Go for it.  Much cheaper than the U.S.  You will look normal and not like Tammy Fay Baker.

I have no personal experience with this topic Lakeside, but I have had eyebrows and eyeliner done (and a touchup) in Dallas by a plastic surgeon and 10 years later I am still  very happy with the results. After all those years, I still have a visible eyeliner but none is left on my eyebrows. My two cents worth is from my experience and research: (1) Be sure you check out your practitioner: see before and after photos. Price does not determine quality but sometimes you get what you pay for. Changing your facial appearance isn't where I'd cut costs: it's difficult to fix. (2) Check out the color palette and choose carefully. Color fades over time: this goes for permanent makeup. Nothing is forever but this stuff does last and it tones down...the initial application color is deeper and brighter than it settles, IMO. (3) Mexican styles (especially eyebrows in this part of the country) are highly exaggerated: if that's not your look, be very clear in your expectations and take pictures with you of the look (fine, medium, heavy) you hope to achieve. (4) I am red-haired: many redheads have issues with all this stuff. I lost a patch of eyebrow during the procedure because it is really a drill that puts your color in the skin: 10 years later it still hasn't grown in and I have to cover it with makeup so as not to show a hole. Not uncommon with fair-skinned, redheaded people. (5) I did not have novocaine injections: instead, a numbing cream was used that was sufficient (and I have a low threshold for pain). If novocaine is an issue for you, perhaps the cream is available here. (6) I used to get cold sores all the time: I was told by my practitioner that I was not a good candidate for any lip liner because the application can trigger a cold sore and screw up your lips. Worth knowing. (7) Like any tattoo, you crust, peel, look awful at first. You cannot wear any makeup on the tattooed spots until you are healed and most certainly cannot rub or pick at the crusting since that can leave scarring and remove the pigment that is there. Leave sufficient weeks at home and out of the sun to properly heal.

• Like 3

Let's face it ladies: The effects of just plain aging are a stone cold beetch, never mind the additional wear and tear ill health issues bring.

Around here, there are those who have more or less given up on trying to look good;  some so thoroughly that it's sad to see.  I applaud the gals who are fighting the good fight to look as good as they can. On top of all the regular wear and tear of time, mother nature is much more kind to some women than others.  We don't get to pick our parents, so some have to struggle harder than others to "keep up appearances".  So.....hang in there, sisters and good luck to all.

I know that having some bad luck in life can make a person cranky........but it will pass.  Just don't rain other others' parades when you're feeling that way.  As in, write the cranky post, but just don't press "send".:rolleyes:

• Like 2

I have used Dra. Monica twice for eyebrows and eyeliner over a five yr period.  I have been extremely happy with the outcome.  The second time was more pain free since she has updated her techniques with novocaine.  She is extremely interested in getting it right.  My eyebrows were almost white and any eye makeup I put on slid off my face when it was hot.  There are cultural differences between Mexican and American women and she is more in tune with that now.  I didn't want lower lid eyeliner nor did I want a 1/4 line on my top eyelid.  It does fade over time and it can look a little harsh to you when you first look in the mirror.  I say go for it.  I was afraid to do it for a long time but can't say how much I feel looking in the mirror now

I had eyebrows, eye liner and lips done NOB and the lips and eyebrows faded over 20 years.  Had Dr. Monica redo them twice and both times they turned red and then faded with in 6 months.  I had it redone again NOB 6 months ago and it looks terrific.  The products they use in Mexico are inferior.  it is worth the money to get it done NOB.  

14 hours ago, RVGRINGO said:

It is not novacaine, it is novocaine, which is actually procaine.

Thanks for the very beneficial spelling lesson.  Really helped my post.  :(

13 hours ago, bennie2 said:

berzerk you never have to qualify. its none of anyones business. (even if you want to do this for fun). 

Thank you I realize that...but you know we all carry our own crosses and just way to many judgements made here.  Even if it was just for vanity who is to say anything..have nothing to benefit post then do not post.  I have lived in many area of Masachusetts and also Florida and for many years here, and I have to say this is the meanest place I have lived with people of my own as opposed to nationals. 

• Like 2

On 4/2/2016 at 9:29 PM, camillenparadise said:

You must have an awful lot of time on your hands.....and there's so much to be done other than improving our eye makeup.....good luck with your hobby.

I have tons of time on my hands in between dr.appts, famacia visits, labs, and plain old life...and it just keeps going on ..7 years of non stop medical.  Oh right let us not forget my hours spent in breast cancer advocacy...part of which includes self worth due to body image changes.  Very wasteful hobbies I have.  I used to have hobbies like crossstitching, arts and crafts, horseback riding,gardening, ha..no more.  Thank you for your judgement. :(

On 4/2/2016 at 9:48 PM, camillenparadise said:

You're absolutely right! And I wish her the best of luck in her pursuit of something other than boring.

Boring is a word I know little of..I spend my former life helping ill people,raising a family and vacationing.  I still vacation, actually I survive to vacation.  Call it medicinal.

I am rarely bored either as frankly unlike so many people I truly just LIKE MY OWN company. 

13 hours ago, camillenparadise said:

I do apologize. I guess a recent tragedy of my own has unhinged me more than I realized. Please forgive me.

I accept your apology.  I do wish to give you some food for thought though.  If you have nothing nice to say say nothing.  Be kind, no matter how bad things are for you, there is someone else with worse, so just be kind.  Would you truly apologize if I had not explained why??  If I was just doing it for total fun?  If not then your apology is not from your heart.  You were downright mean, whether I was, am or am not sick it was mean. 

I wish you the best and you mention a recent tragedy and becoming unhinged.  I am sorry for that.  If there is a way I can help you please reach out. I hope things get

better for you.

Be kind! We all hurt in some way or another! 

• Like 2

Guest bennie2

bezerk: you are still qualifiying your existence. one does not have to have had a tragedy to want cosmetic improvement. rvgringo: please share your experience w/ permanent eyemakeup w/us. btw, this is a ladies thread. just lettin you know.