Chapala.com Webboard

Shopping for Health Insurance

Hi! My wife and I visited the Chapala area last spring looking to possibly retire there and we loved it. I was recently displaced from my job so we're now looking at early retirement a little earlier! I'm beginning to gather info on different health insurance companies to see about getting a head start on applying or seeing if we can make appointments with them when we come down for our next visit. I've gotten the contact info for these so far.

• Andre Bellon
  • ISAAC Seguros y Fianzas - Rossana Aguirre Diaz and Alicia
  • Jesus Tejeda
  • Blue Angel Insurance - Valerie Friesen or Herma Buchanan
  • Parker Insurance Services
  • IMG - Scott Culbertson

Are there any other suggestions for insurance companies / agents in the area?

I also recommend Bellon.  When I was hospitalized in Guadalajara for something that was an exception under my policy (i.e. not covered), he was out of the country on business, but still sent an agent from his office to the hospital to make sure everything went smoothly at checkout, even though we were self pay.  Very much appreciated.

I will put in another recommendation for Jesus Tejeda. My husband is in the hospital right now following open heart surgery and Jesus came to see me in the hospital the day of the surgery and help me navigate blood donation needs, and basically communicate with the charge nurse. He has been our agent for health and auto insurance for 10 years. A very professional young man! He explains all the ins and outs of Mexican insurance very clearly. 

I rec'd a quote from IMG GlobeHopper Single trip Health Insurance for USA coverage on way back to Canada. Quite reasonable for the coverage compared to some others we inquired about here. Has any one actually made a claim with IMG? We would like to hear your experience?

1 hour ago, REC said:

I will put in another recommendation for Jesus Tejeda. My husband is in the hospital right now following open heart surgery and Jesus came to see me in the hospital the day of the surgery and help me navigate blood donation needs, and basically communicate with the charge nurse. He has been our agent for health and auto insurance for 10 years. A very professional young man! He explains all the ins and outs of Mexican insurance very clearly. 

Bellon will do the same.  Looks like there are two good options lakeside!  Good to know.

Archived