Chapala.com Webboard

seeking a better mop

lobita

Has anyone seen looped-end cotton string mops? Preferably the kind with tailbands, where the heads can be removed and tossed in the washing machine? All I can find are the cheapo cut-end sort.

I'd go anywhere Lakeside, and maybe even to Guadalajara, for a better mop.

Grainger Supply has them. The problem with them is cleaning ladies do not like them because they are very hard to wring out by hand as they are too large to grasp. You really need a good quality mop bucket with an extractor to wring them out. Also the old fashioned style with 2 metal bars when used carelessly the metal holders grasping the mop head can scratch ceramic tiles. They were available at Home Depot decades ago in Mexico but were discontinued probably because they did not sell.

https://www.grainger.com.mx/Todas-las-Categor%C3%ADas-de-productos/Limpieza/Trapeadores-para-Mojado%2C-Escurridores-y-Cubetas/Trapeadores-para-Mojado/c/27279

Thanks, artsnob. I will check Home Depot in a couple of weeks if I don't find them Lakeside first.

Alan, is there a Grainger Supply store nearby, or is it online only? (I don't have a Mexican credit or debit card, so doubt I can purchase from a Mexican store online.)

For now I'm doing my own cleaning, so as long as *I* can wring it out, I'll be happy. :) 

There is a cleaning supply place west of Ajijic in the shopping center with the Pacifico seafood place.  It is toward the west end of the shopping strip.

Go west through the last light headed west, go over the hill and down the hill and then it is the first strip mall on the lakeside.

I haven't paid any attention to the mops but they had a bunch of mops and brooms, one of which suited my house keeper.   

6 hours ago, lobita said:

Thanks, artsnob. I will check Home Depot in a couple of weeks if I don't find them Lakeside first.

Alan, is there a Grainger Supply store nearby, or is it online only? (I don't have a Mexican credit or debit card, so doubt I can purchase from a Mexican store online.)

For now I'm doing my own cleaning, so as long as *I* can wring it out, I'll be happy. :) 

Grainger Suppy is an industrial wholesale but anyone can buy there. They have tons of USA type ítems other places don´t.  I went to the Home Depot today and they have them. $344.00 for the handle with 1 mop head. Extra mop heads costs $145.00 pesos each. Alan

I cannot find a decent broom Lakeside. I did, however find a great website:

The Best Broom, Dustpan, and Dust Mop

They spent 125 hours researching 215 brooms, dustpans, and dust mops, and testing 36 of them firsthand... and have good recommendations.

Sorry, no mops.

http://thesweethome.com/reviews/best-broom-dustpan-dustmop/

Archived