Chapala.com Webboard

Travel/medical Insurance

Hola. I am looking for travel/medical insurance for our drive back to Canada (Victoria) through the US.

I recently discovered that the insurance sold to us for the past three years is not valid in Washington state. This little bit of information was not revealed to us at the time of purchase! ??

So, would appreciate any recommendations as to best options for agent/provider in the area.

Gracias. 

6 hours ago, skurvish said:

If you are a CAA member you can get insurance through them.

I'm sure you will find that travel insurance bought in Canada can only cover you for a trip that originates in Canada.

Valerie (email valerie.friesen@blueangelinsurance.com) or Herma Buchanan (email herma.buchanan@blueangelsolutions.com)  at Blue Angel, in the same office as Integrity Clinic (on the Libramiento, behind the Pemex station) , can provide you with this insurance. Phone 766-0547

I posted this same question in February, and received a reply suggesting I contact Trawick International.  (Look up my post from February and the link if you can't find it directly from Google.)   I checked them out and am going to try them for our return trip to Canada this year.  They specialize in insuring you in the U.S. if you are travelling from outside of the country, and insure you for only the time you are in the U.S.  Put in "Mexico" for 'home country and "Canada" for destination, answer a couple of other questions, and they'll give you a quote online.   

3 hours ago, stuphel said:

I posted this same question in February, and received a reply suggesting I contact Trawick International.  (Look up my post from February and the link if you can't find it directly from Google.)   I checked them out and am going to try them for our return trip to Canada this year.  They specialize in insuring you in the U.S. if you are travelling from outside of the country, and insure you for only the time you are in the U.S.  Put in "Mexico" for 'home country and "Canada" for destination, answer a couple of other questions, and they'll give you a quote online.   

https://www.trawickinternational.com/travel-insurance-plans/inbound-to-the-usa-travel-insurance

I purchased a 5 day policy from  Trawick for a recent trip to the USA (Canadian travelling from Mexico) and was able to do it fine using their web site.  As noted above, you cannot purchase travel insurance from CAA unless your trip is originating and returning to Canada (I've tried to do this in the past).

Proof of how good the insurance is is when you have to make a claim - I've never had to do this yet so am unable to vouch for the quality of this carrier.

Archived