Chapala.com Webboard

Real Vanilla

GeckoGretchen

The location is not as important as is the fact that you CHECK the label!  For example, "Posa" brand is available (at S/L and others) in BOTH pure and artificial forms.

Look for "Saborizante Natural de Vainilla" and the words PURE (Natural) on the label.  Also check label to see that is guarantees "free of Coumarin" -- dangerous ingredient that can be found in both forms. Posa does not have coumarin.

The plastic bottle of Posa that I have (purchased at Superlake) has:  Water, Alcohol, Monopropylenglicol, Natural color, Vainilin, Vanilla Bean Extractives, Potassium Sorbate 0.1& (Preservative).  I take many bottles back to friends NOB each time I go and they LOVE it!

Enjoy!

Valerie :)

'Vanillin' is the artificial (synthetic) vanilla flavor. If you want pure natural vanilla, you'll want something that involves only vanilla beans in solution, not vanillin as an independent ingredient.

Ingredients listed in order in English on "Orlando" brand: "Purified water, Cane Alcohol 8%, Rum, Prime organic vanilla beans, Potassium (as a preservative), Natural Vanilla Vanillin (a blending stabilizer) "

Oddly enough, the ingredient list in Spanish says "Extracto de Vainilla, Agua, Alcohol". So does it have only 3 ingredients or 6? Or is it just all BS and it's actually vanillan? Your guess as good as mine.

2 hours ago, lobita said:

'Vanillin' is the artificial (synthetic) vanilla flavor. If you want pure natural vanilla, you'll want something that involves only vanilla beans in solution, not vanillin as an independent ingredient.

I'm not sure that is quite the case completely.

Archived