Chapala.com Webboard

Sponsoring family member

mudgirl

Apologies if I have missed something, but I have read over the posted information regarding family unity applications and while it states that a permanent resident can sponsor a spouse, parent, dependent child or adult infirm child, I do not find my question addressed. I am a permanent resident with a long-standing business in Mexico, ie. I am not retired. Can I sponsor my adult daughter for temporary residency? If so, can this be done from within Mexico? What paperwork would be required? And while I would officially agree to be financially responsible for her in Mexico, that would not be the reality, as she does, in fact, have a job offer from an accredited educational institution.

If she is not an infirm, dependent adult child, I don‘t think the vincula familial applies. However, if she has a job offer from a Mexican institution, they can & must support her application for a visa.

Your best information will come from speaking to an attorney such as Spencer McMillan in Chapala. None of us on this board except Spencer aka Intercasa are qualified to answer this question. You can reach him at (376) 765-7553 on Monday. 

Processed many visas under family and unfortunately since she is an adult, you can not sponsor her.

My web site under "Immigration" makes reference to family.

saludos

Sonia 

Oops, I spaced out on this one.  So does she have a job offer?  If so then a work visa although beware as immigration is giving people a hard time if they change employers and go to being self employed.

Archived