Chapala.com Webboard

Gathering Telmex Internet Speed Comparisons

For those wondering what kind of speeds people are getting since Telmex started doing serious upgrades here a few weeks ago, I'd like to collect some data. If you care to, go to this speedtest site and then post your findings here. That way we can all see which neighbourhoods are getting what kind of service quality. http://speedof.me

This site doesn't use Java or Flash, so nothing needs to be installed (speedtest.net most often still requires Java). Eventually if I get enough info, I'll prepare a chart or something for everyone.

• Like 1
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For those wondering what kind of speeds people are getting since Telmex started doing serious upgrades here a few weeks ago, I'd like to collect some data. If you care to, go to this speedtest site an

This one is from my son in Ottawa; its sole purpose, to pee me off.  You watching, Pete?

Posted Images

In Villa Nova, my router was changed from 4.7mb to 6.0 mb and the up speed went up substantially.  This happened sometime around noon on 3/22.

Up speed is now 764 and it used to be 370?

This is great work, people. Keep 'em coming. Some general observations:

- Los Salvias: very high at above 8 and 9

- el Chante out by Joco: close to 5

- Villa Nova: 6 and above

- SAT just south of the highway, better than 5

- Riberas, easterly, 10 and better