Chapala.com Webboard

Beautiful German Shepherd Female Found

Beautiful but skinny female german shephard was found roaming around Chapala Haciendas - we have taken her to Pepe Magnas - she is very friendly, appears in good health.  We suspect she was dumped - she appears to have been someones pet.  

We have taken her to Pepe's -  she will be spayed today, vaccinated and dosed with frontline.  Anybody looking for a beautiful young (maybe 2-3 yrs) german shepherd - please go see Pepe.  She will remain there for a week to recoup and see if anyone claims her.  If not, we will try to integrate her into our pack of 4.  She is lovely, please pass the word on...

Thank you.  As with every spring, so many dogs dumped.  This one is a beauty!  

So I take it, Yo1, that if a loose dog with no apparent home either sires or delivers a batch of unwanted pups, you will be lining up to volunteer to take them all in at your house?  ( I realize that some dogs are kept entire on purpose, for breeding or show purposes, but then they would be kept under careful control since they are a "valuable" asset.....)

Actually Yo1 and I both volunteer at the free Spay Neuter clinics to alter the dogs and cats whose owners have made the decision to "fix" their pets. Before you make that irreversible a decision about someone else's pet, please try to find the dog's owner.

And I have been active in animal welfare and rescue for more than 30 years.

15 hours ago, Yo1 said:

If someone found my lost dog and altered it, I would be angry as heck.  After trying vigilantly to find the owner is a different story but to spay or neuter a dog immediately is the height of arrogance.

Well now, you have alot to say.  How dare you call us arrogant - you know nothing of this dog or it's story - only what I chose to share.  This dog is not lost - it was actually seen chasing the very car from which it was tossed!  An extremely tight severely rusted chain around it's neck indicates to me that "the possible owner" couldn't care less about this poor animal.  She is lovely and hopefully we will find her the kind of home she deserves.  If you want to do something positive, how about dropping off a bag of dog food to Pepe and help rather than being so critical of someone else's decision.  ?

Of course, I know nothing of this dog's situation; I can only go by what you have shared.  And going by that only, you show arrogance to "fix" someone elses dog.  Now that you have told us more of this dog's story, I can understand your decision to spay her.  Take another look at Mtn. Mama's post to get a better perspective on those of us who initially disagreed with your decision.

My post was designed to Help this Dog.  It was not to start a back and forth about opinions, values and soap box preaching.  Want to help this dog?   Stop by, take her for a walk, drop off some food, spread the word to help me find her a loving home.

"Ana" ( the name I have given her) has now been spayed, she is doing well.  She is however in a crate that is too small for her - it is the largest that Pepe has.  If anybody out there has an extra large crate that could be loaned to Pepe for a short time, that would be so appreciated.  We are doing everything we can think of to find her a new loving family just as quickly as possible.  Thank you all in advance for anything you can do to help.

She has a new loving home.  We brought her home to our quarter acre yard today.  If she fits into our pack we will keep her and if not, at least she is out of that much too small crate. She was spayed yesterday so we made a generous donation to Pepe.  So far all seems very good and peaceful with the dogs. We were looking to replace our very old German Shepherd that we lost a month ago so this was very timely for us.

4 minutes ago, Dogdaze said:

She has a new loving home.  We brought her home to our quarter acre yard today.  If she fits into our pack we will keep her and if not, at least she is out of that much too small crate. She was spayed yesterday so we made a generous donation to Pepe.  So far all seems very good and peaceful with the dogs. We were looking to replace our very old German Shepherd that we lost a month ago so this was very timely for us.

I am so grateful to you for taking "Ana".  Thank you , thank you , thank  you.   Please PM me and keep me up to date as to how she is doing.  I would appreciate knowing.  You have made our day!  Happy Easter and again thank you from the bottom of my heart.  

No, It is you who is to be thanked for caring enough about her to get the word out.  I will be happy to keep in touch with you, "her savior".  Please pm me your phone and email.  I haven't used the PM function but will try and see how it goes.

Thank you all who posted on this forum with concern for "Annie". I want to give you a follow up report.  She is fitting in extremely well with our 5 other dogs ( 2 shepherds and 3 little 20 pounders)  She has learned many things in the 6 days she has been with us.  She responds to her new name and comes every time I call her (short distances). she plays exuberantly with my other young GSD in our large yard. she is learning not to crash the doors to get in the house.  The first day she tried to pry the bars off the windows to get inside and hide.  Every day we see a vast improvement. So thanks to all for the loving caring work you do on this forum to help the animals and their people.  She is a real "gift to us" and we are delighted to have her.  Thanks again to all for caring so much.

Archived