Chapala.com Webboard

pasta trenta

Stymie

pasta trenta offers 30 different options at this newly opened restaurant on constitucion (next to chamelion bar).   enjoyed the fettucini version of the quattro formaggio.   the noodles were delightfully plumper than normal and could not have been cooked more perfectly.     convenient parking and open til 10pm.   

We tried this place for lunch today and it was really good.  We had Pesto Verde with fettuccine which is breast of chicken with pesto/garlic/olive oil ... delicious and do not remember the name of the other dish but it was spaghetti with cherry tomatoes/garlic/olive oil/black olives/touch of chili pepper.  Also had the garlic/cheese toast.  They brought out a light fresh orange water (you can order other drinks including wine).  There are thirty pasta choices on the menu along with salads, appetizers, various coffees and desserts.  The service was as good as the food.  They said they had been open for a week.  It is small but bright, clean and airy.  

Thanks for the review of this new restaurant... searched it online and showed: 

(Think we will check it out eventually)

How large are the portions that they gave you (Petite, Medium or Largish)?

There is only one photo of pasta on the FB page, and it seems like a small portion, but could be a side?

• 2 weeks later...

We had comida there yesterday. Excellent food and service. Fair prices. We had spaghetti bolognesa and fettuccine with pollo and funghi in a white sauce. We split a house salad; it was mixed greens with a nice touch of goat cheese. Very good. The pasta was very tasty, cooked just right, a good sized portion. They brought carrot and celery crudités with a dip to the table after we were seated and also a carafe of water with an orange slice. There was a basket of toasted bread, as well. They told us that their plan going forward is to close on Thursdays. I thought it was the best pasta we've had locally in our almost four years of living here. We will go back.

• 2 weeks later...

We too enjoyed pasta there last nite....only thing I did mention to the owners was that there seemed to be more pasta than meat....I had the rigatoni with steak in a white wine sauce...but it needed much more small meat pieces.  Same goes for the chicken and pasta dishes..... Ample servings...we both brought home for lunch next day!   

We concur with the comments from other posters about the imbalance between pasta and other ingredients.  We, too, told the waitress and she said she would pass it along to the chef.  Apart from that the food was delicious and the service efficient and friendly and quite good value.

• 2 months later...

Pasta Treinta: Went on Saturday night. My fettucine with res and hongos was perfect, delicious, properly cooked, and not congealed. The meal started with a nice little pile of carrot sticks and a dip, along with a carafe of cold water. Also ordered the garlic bread, because of the recommendation here: average, just a sliced bolillo with burnt edges and very little garlic flavour. The soup special was crema de camarones: it was neither creamy, nor did it have shrimp in it: it seemed actually to be a fish broth, with a lot of salt. The putanesca on my partner's side was very tasty, and made without chiles, as was asked.

I thought the portions were "average", which is to say a decent size, when compared to say Alex's pasta place. Prices were perfectly reasonable, as was service, although I kinda wish she would wear appropriate clothing. A dirty black T-shirt, and black short-shorts... not exactly a welcoming sight.

Do they make their own pasta? I should have asked. It was tasty and properly cooked.

1 hour ago, ComputerGuy said:

Pasta Treinta: Went on Saturday night. My fettucine with res and hongos was perfect, delicious, properly cooked, and not congealed. The meal started with a nice little pile of carrot sticks and a dip, along with a carafe of cold water. Also ordered the garlic bread, because of the recommendation here: average, just a sliced bolillo with burnt edges and very little garlic flavour. The soup special was crema de camarones: it was neither creamy, nor did it have shrimp in it: it seemed actually to be a fish broth, with a lot of salt. The putanesca on my partner's side was very tasty, and made without chiles, as was asked.

I thought the portions were "average", which is to say a decent size, when compared to say Alex's pasta place. Prices were perfectly reasonable, as was service, although I kinda wish she would wear appropriate clothing. A dirty black T-shirt, and black short-shorts... not exactly a welcoming sight.

Do they make their own pasta? I should have asked. It was tasty and properly cooked.

I pass there nearly every day at mealtime hours and very seldom see more than 1 customer.  Considering the enthusiasm that followed its initial opening, maybe too many people expected camarones in the camarone soup or garlic in the garlic bread and experienced some disappointment? :rolleyes:

• 6 months later...

Finally went back on Saturday night, and had a very enjoyable time. They have expanded the seating area, and had more servers. Food was once again delightful, and the presentation quality has gone up a notch or two. Meals were prepared exactly as we asked; the crab bisque was closer to a bisque than the crema de camarones was last time, and delivery after ordering was a reasonable length of time. The potobello mushroom sald is a different take, without cheese, and was loaded with fresh greens and nifty crisp of melted cheese for decoration (and devouring).

Prices are more than reasonable in this day and age. And because of the appetizers, I had enough of the pesto verde left over for a nice snack a couple of days later. I will go back next time I get an urge for pasta.

We went on a Monday night. A wonderful large selection of sauces. We all enjoyed our meals and would definitely go back. Reservations are suggested as it was full at 7 pm. Wished they had some dessert other than ice cream. Not sure if they ran out or that's all they carry.

Archived