Chapala.com Webboard

Passport Services LCS

All Day

I recommend getting your renewal at the Legion. Same day as LCS only earlier. A lot fewer people there and you can enjoy breakfast while waiting. I applied at LCS and picked it up at the Legion the following month this past December. 

Much more hospitable and quicker at the Legion.

4 hours ago, Al Berca said:

It is only for Americans because it is a service provided by the United States Consulate in Guadalajara.  Canada closed your consulate.  Check with your Embassy in Mexico City for more information.

Canada did not close the consulate in Guadalajara and it continues to provide various service.. However, unfortunately it does not have the staff or resources to provide passport services at LCS or elsewhere at Lakeside. 

Since it will be 10 years before I need a new passport, let me let you all in on a little secret.   The American Legion is the place to go for passport renewals.  You see, they, the consulate people go there before they head over to LCS.  We only had about 10 actual renewals today.   We were #6, but moved up because some people didn't have their forms filled out correctly, or in one case did not have his form filled out at all.  Another person tried to use an American bank check.  Her helper had to run down to Laguna Mall, get the correct check and hope that the consulate folks would still be there.  It worked out for her.  I heard LCS was mobbed, can anybody confirm that?  All in all it was a very pleasant experience.  Don't be wary of coming into Chapala, it's so much quicker and you can have a great inexpensive breakfast, too.  The good Lord willing, in ten years, I'm going back to the Legion. 

Archived