Chapala.com Webboard

Telecable Issues

gfresh

For the past two weeks my Telecable in Ajijic centro has been intermittent. In the mornings it's fine, solid connection, full bandwidth. But as the day wears on the connection drops out completely for no apparent reason for anything from a few minutes to a half hour. Then it come back as if nothing is wrong. It seems to be worst in the evening.  Web pages won't load, returning a message "DNS Probe Complete - No Internet". Modem and router all indicate connectivity, but that's not the case.  Anyone else seeing this kind of issue?

Horrible service the past 13 months, I have filed a complaint with PROFECO.  Nobody comes out, in GDL their name is Izzi Telecom and they have many, many complaints. 

Cable Internet service (telecable) is shared with your neighborhood.  Phone DSL (telmex)  uses the phone wires back to the switch.  So when everybody gets on you run out of bandwidth with Telecable. We see it in my neighborhood on sunday afternoon.  To be honest I was about to make a stink about my Telecable but a few weeks ago they were down and when they came back up the service was/is much more reliable.  Your description of the problem is perfect for an overloaded cable internet system.

Hope they give your hood some more bandwidth by making the number of folks on your cable smaller or add bandwidth.

Good Luck

Thanks LCScats, I knew that sharing with the neighborhood is an issue, but I'd never had it randomly drop out to no connection before. Pretty much always had 10-15mb bandwidth day or night.  Thus I went into the office and request a "technico" come out and check it out. And amazingly enough, they showed up twice. I had an appt. at 10am - 2pm, so request before or after that time block, of course they got here at 11:45, but left a tag on the door, and at 3pm they came back.  As you indicated they said the problem was allot of people on the line, I said I'm paying for 15mb, zero is not an option, the one guy said he'd report to the "engineer" and see if they could get a "mas fuerte" line. By 6pm I was back to 10-15mb, so I guess you can get their attention, if you show so understanding and appreciation for anything their can do to improve the situation. As a bonus, Telmex came back online with added bandwidth as well, I'll take it.

Archived