Chapala.com Webboard

Telmex phone internet (DSL) is out in upper ajijic

lcscats

Ours just returned sometime overnight. We were five days without connectivity at home. So if you got yours back on Monday, consider yourself lucky. We live at the bottom of the Ajijic tianguis. 

Mine is out again or it was when I left the house this morning. I was at a breakfast meeting where several others with Telmex Infinitum  also had again lost their service.

Oh well, at least I have it here at an office in West Chapala

I reported this second outage this morning at about 8:15 AM at the Ajijic Telmex office. I didn't return home until about 1:30 PM and my internet was again working. A few minutes later, I received a phone call from Telmex asking me if everything was working. For me, at least, everything is again working great.  However, I understand that a few have been out since Sunday.

I know one of those who has been out since Sunday, didn't report it until today about noon.

Mine has been out in Villa Nova since last Saturday- 6 days so far.    I have tried 2 different modems and neither one works.  

My neighbor that lives upstairs gave me his password to tap into his wireless.  I am happy I am back to reading dozens of e-mails!

maw

• 2 weeks later...

I am happy to report I now have my own internet connection!  I went into Telmex today at noon to let them know it has been 16 days of no internet and while waiting I was talking to another person who told me that one of their servers is down and I wouldn't get anything unless I was  adamant about getting onto a new server.  The Telmex person I told this to said ok and that it would take 24 hours to switch over and I just checked my new modem they gave me and all the lights are green!  Only 9 hours and I am a happy camper!!

maw

Archived