Chapala.com Webboard

Telmex phone internet (DSL) is out in upper ajijic

lcscats

I saw Pete and he is out also so it is a widespread outage.  I don't know how wide.  Note if Internet light is out on your Telmex modem you are part of outage. Telecable cable internet is fine.  So if you have Telmex internet don't touch your computer as this is not your problem.  Telmex should fix it and the internet light on modem will come back on.

This is why I have both Telmex and Telecable internet services.

Sadly all is not well in Las Salvias, at least not with my neighbors one street below or at my home if you are connecting with Telmex. I am using my iPhone as a hot spot and connecting via Telcel.

I took my tablet to Salvador's this morning for breakfast. They were down too at that time. I just phoned someone one block below me in Las Salvias and he has internet again. I'm still down on the uphill side of Privada Juarez.

Telmex has been down since yesterday, still down this morning in Ajijic Centro.  Telecable is up at the moment, but it's been intermittent as well during the day and spotty in the evening as well.

Phone and Internet from TelMex were out for about 12 hours last Thursday night through Friday morning. This is happening more often, but it would seem to be the result of their service upgrades, as a number of people are now experiencing faster speeds.

9 hours ago, headpooch said:

Still out in Chula Vista. Two days and counting.

Where in Chula Vista? And have you called them? I just got a message from a person in the condos beside Century 21 in Chula Vista saying they've also been out for two days, headpooch.

EDIT: My answering machine is loaded with messages starting Sunday, about Internet and phone outages all over the place. All TelMex. For some people, the Internet light is out on their modem; for others, the light is on... so you can't trust that light.

If a factory reset (holding a pin or pen in the little hole on the back of every modem for 30 seconds or so, until all the lights go off and on) doesn't work, then it is a TelMex problem, not a computer or modem problem. Call 01-800-123-2222 to report it. This number is stamped on your phone bill every month. You will have to wade through a bunch of commercials and messages, but eventually you will get a real person. Then ask for someone in English, and report your problem.

I dropped by Telmex in Ajijic this morning and they said a fiber-optic line feeding their office was out and that therefore many or some folks were out  all over the place. I asked a friend who works for Telmex when things would be up and running again and he said he wishes he could tell me but all he could say was as soon as possible. Apparently some or all of the internet in their office is down as well.

Oh well, Telecable is working great at the moment at the LCS and should I need internet at the house, I can either use my iPhone or if I need a bigger screen, I can use the phone as a personal Hotspot. Trouble is that data is rather expensive through Telcel using my plan.

2 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Where in Chula Vista? And have you called them? I just got a message from a person in the condos beside Century 21 in Chula Vista saying they've also been out for two days, headpooch.

I am in Chula Vista Alta (Not Upper). Up the hill from the country club. My neighbor 3 doors up is OK. Go figure??

Pete found out that its a Telmex problem with the switch involving Fiber and the cards that Fiber plugs into.  When your internet light comes back on or goes green depending on the model of modem you will have your internet back.  Be patient and don't take your modem to Telmex unless you want to waste time.

Truly a milestone. While I'm not a fan of outages not being announced ahead of time (after all, TelMex has most of our email addresses), I'm happy that after years of empty promises, they are finally doing upgrades around here. Unfortunately for some, hardware upgrades to the infrastructure are necessary in a few locales. Most of us are seeing improvements because of software switchovers from ADSL to VDSL.

I'm curious, is there anyone in La Huerta (besides my friend on this board who gets less than 2mbps) who can report here on current speeds in that area?

On 3/15/2016 at 8:58 AM, ComputerGuy said:

Good news. I'm checking around with others who called, to see if they are back too.

So far, everyone is back on except for one person on the south side of Ajijic just across from the Oxxo.

I am still out in San Antonio.  Getting really frustrated since Friday night.

I only have one person that I know still without Internet, in La Floresta on the mountain side at the east end. The other remaining person unfortunately was out because, after swapping the modem at TelMex, they set up the replacement incorrectly.

Archived