Chapala.com Webboard

Hi everyone. I have to go up to Laredo next weekend to surrender my Tourist visa & get a new one. I'm planning on taking the bus from GDL, staying overnight in Laredo-or just getting the next bus back. I need details if getting off the bus, finding/getting to the office & then getting back to the bus. Thanks for any help!  

Depending on the bus line but you may be able to get off in Nuevo Laredo at the main bus terminal and take a taxi to Immigration and turn around and come right back. In a few rare occasions INM will want you to obtain a TR pre-approval in Laredo and that is a whole different process requiring an appointment. Yes, it happens but rarely. 

Major bus lines such as ETN will not stop anywhere but bus terminals and designated stops.

saludos

Sonia

ETN does not go to Laredo, only Nuevo Laredo. The bus line that does go to Nuevo Laredo really, really sucks for comfort. If you go that "route", there will be an hour or so stop at Immigration on the U.S. side, as people get checked and some get their paperwork. The bus station in Laredo is a dinky place, with no waiting cabs, although the guard will probably call one for you.

The bus station in Nuevo Laredo is about a 15 or 20 minute ride from the border into the U.S. Busses get preferential treatment going through; taxis wait like everyone else; the time of course dependant on the traffic.

Coming back, a taxi ride to the station in Nuevo Laredo is about 50 bucks. Since the Nuevo Laredo bus for Guadalajara leaves at 9:30 pm, there isn't much traffic coming into Mexico from Immigration at that time.

Hi, I have just come back from Nuevo Laredo. I used ETN  which was very comfortable. When you get to the bus station take a taxi to the border. It costs 50 Pesos.  When you get to the border you do not have to cross the bridge to America. The walkway to America is on the right and the Mexican immigration entrance is on the left. Just ask any of the guys there and they will point you to the office. They will stamp your passport and should give you another landing card which costs 390 Pesos. This you pay at the bank next door where they will give you a receipt. If they don't give you the card it is no problem as you will get one at the airport and pay the same price. I arrived Friday morning and took the 7.30 pm bus back Friday evening. Be prepared that the bus back does not go from the same bus station although if you do go back there they will take you across. You could also ask when you arrive and  then take the taxi back to the other station. There is an earlier bus which goes at 15.30. You can change at no extra fee. I got my ticket from the  travel agent who charged me an extra  200 Pesos. You can also ring ETN or go to OXXO that will be cheaper? Enjoy the trip! Anje 

That's funny! 'In Brit speak' but yes that is what we call it! It is the card you get when you arrive by plane into Mexico and you need to hand over to the check in staff  when you fly back home.  The first time I went to Nuevo Laredo  Mexican immigration took my old tourist paper and just stamped my passport. This time they gave me a new 'landing card'.

Archived