Chapala.com Webboard

Fraud at Bancomer

Taaffe

1 hour ago, AlanMexicali said:

I have never  heard of any family or friends or friends of friends etc. losing a nickel in any bank in Mexico for over 35 years that was the banks fault.

But I assume you will accept that posters here are not fabricating their experiences???

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have also had an account with Bancomer for 10 years, and aside from them docking my account 140 pesos once because they had changed the minimum amount to have in the acct. without service charges (which they refunded when I told them they needed to notify their clients of those changes and that it was unacceptable) all has been well.

I do, however, live in PV area. Sounds like the fraud problem at Bancomer was someone dishonest in your local office?

On 4/12/2016 at 10:34 AM, Yo1 said:

The Guadalajara Reporter is not an investigative paper.  Even if they do an article they will not pursue asking hard questions and pushing for answers.  It will be a fluff piece that keeps to the status quo.  I remember the piece they did on the severe over-charging by CFE a couple of years ago.  They printed whatever the boss at CFE told them and that was the end of their investigation.  A lot of poop.

So..Lisa Jorgensen seems to be a hard nose investigative reporter with the other on line publication.. who was calling out TGR for not following up on the Real Estate "issues"..I wonder if she will "break " the news of the problems the local community is having with BBVA

On 3/10/2016 at 2:03 PM, Floradude said:

Have any of you who have Multiva accounts experienced anything like this or heard of someone who had?

I have been trying to decide between Multiva and Bancomer so this would be helpful information.

Never and been with them 9 years.

25 minutes ago, Lulugirl said:

Nobody is saying the bad events didn't happen, only that in the majority of cases everything was fine for a long time.

So, it was fine until it wasn't.

Still, if I have a choice of banks why would I choose one with known multiple cases of theft from customers' accounts that were either never reimbursed or only after a tenacious struggle by a customer? Bancomer seems to have a singular bad reputation lakeside.

You quoted me.  Personally, I think the problem there is the manager and I wish we had the the old manager back who was promoted.  I also dislike the woman who works there.  When a friend's husband was dying they both went in there to take his name off their account.  This was after waiting a LONG time while she talked on the phone .  Instead of doing what they asked, she said to both of them, "Oh, just wait until he's dead."  That's the attitude in the bank now & obviously with the way Taafe was treated, it shows that management doesn't care now & think they can get away with anything.  A good manager would have seen Taafe's problem was solved quickly and now that Bancomer is paying the price for their arrogance & "don't care" attitude.  This is not how customers were treated with the previous manager.

Archived