Chapala.com Webboard

Do you know who made the wrought iron furniture at LCS?

feewee

At the on site restaurant in ground of  the LCS there are several round wrought iron tables with tops made of broken tiles and matching chairs.  The chairs are really comfortable - just the right degree of incline. I would like to get the same table and chairs made for my patio.  Does anyone know who made these?  They appear to be made locally as there are tiles in the middle of the table tops stating that they were donated by specific individuals.  I asked in the office but no one knew.  The operator of the restaurant did not know either.  Would appreciate it if you have name and location of the local artisan.   gracias!

Feewee Hello!

I offering our services we may be able to help you, send us some photos if you can and we will send you an estimate.

JM / ARQ - Construction & General Contracting
Arq. Julio Mireles
Phone: (045) 3 339 468 475

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks fro getting in touch Artsnob  -  I am happy to know the history of them (I've been visiting them and photographing them for quite some time) and I appreciate your kind donation... and your sense of design! They are extremely comfortable - perfect angle of recline and quite beautiful scrolling bits. I would still appreciate the name of the place in Tonola if you can put your hand on it.

We actually got a local guy to make an almost exact replica -  he got the angle just right. We have ordered another 3 to make it a set of 4. He is deservedly very proud of his workmanship.  They are lovely and he will now be offering them as part of his regular inventory. I hope others will discover them!  We are hoping to get a table made - a little bit different than the LCS style (we'll put an umbrella in the middle) but certainly inspired by your original design and mosaic top!  The added benefit is not buying something mass produced in China. We have enjoyed the whole experience and a local ironworker continues to make a living...  Now for a set cushions - your suggestions are welcome!   - Feewee

Yep before the nice metal stuff it was plastic tables and chairs which was a disaster.  Anybody who copies them I would move the back legs out an inch or so to allow the folks who tip chairs back to be safer.   Thanks Artsnob and June (she raised money for chair pads we added a few years ago) for your work which we use everytime we sit!!

Hello LCSCATS...Too late for leg adjustment on my four but I will mention it to the ironworker  - he is really quite proud of his work - I am tickled pink with the outcome.  I am appending a photo for those who would like to see them (hopefully I have done this properly)

Working on chair pads...would love to hear about where you got those made! 

best, Feewee

LCS chairs  - replicas.JPG

Archived