Chapala.com Webboard

GDL airport demonstration update please ?

Appreciate an update from anyone that has been to the GDL airport within the last 24 hours on conditions to pickup arrivals due to demonstrations as per the Guad Reporter ? 

Just wondering if demonstrators are still making it difficult to park & then exist the airport area.

Thanks for your feedback !

I flew out of Guadaljara yesterday at 9:55 AM yesterday  -  it was a zoo! I planned to arrive at approx 7:30 but didn't make it out of cab until 8:00. Total gridlock with people trying to drive the wrong way down the entrance to the airport. The traffic guy was in totally meltdown.  If I had not been uptight about my flight time, it would have been quite amusing.  I ended up ditching the cab and walking with my luggage.  As I took a taxi, I do not know if getting into the parking lot area was as bad but certainly give yourself an extra 30 mins if arriving by taxi.  It also looked very busy if you are hoping to get a taxi from the airport back to Ajijic - big line up.  Good luck!

I arrived in GDL at 915pm last night (Saturday). Parking lot still blocked, tent & some protestors still in front of the terminal. Traffic not all that bad. If picking someone up the best thing to do is park somewhere near OXXO and ask you passenger to call you. They may need to wait for you to come around. There is a parking lot open at the old terminal by Fedex. That is where my husband parked to pick me up. About a 10 minute walk to the terminal. Traffic way worse in the daytime than at night. I left GDL on Wednesday and got dropped off at 1230pm. No telling how long this is going to be going on.

Traffic was heavy thru Ajijic last night all the way to Guadalajara, but it appeared to be Sunday-night usual weekenders heading home. Left at 7 am for the airport to pick up passengers last night about 8:30 pm and made it with about 10 minutes to spare. Yes, the parking garage is blocked but other than cars parked on both sides of the road, no obstructions and we found a parking spot.

Archived