Chapala.com Webboard

How much time does one have to turn in the TIP?

On 3/6/2016 at 10:44 AM, Sonia said:

You are welcome. The person I quoted is the man who works for SAT and who normally will process your file once received by SAT in Mexico City if you need to do follow-up. I am finding process taking 3 weeks plus. And once delivered to you 5 days to exit.This makes it very hard to plan.

best

Sonia

If o send the package to this person directly you think it will start the process? So hard to plan! We already have tickets buyed and time off at work and this is so unknown.., thank you for your help

2 hours ago, MagoMagic said:

If o send the package to this person directly you think it will start the process? So hard to plan! We already have tickets buyed and time off at work and this is so unknown.., thank you for your help

I am working on another this week. The form has changed but same address. Due to Christmas holidays I do not expect anything until sometime in January. Personally, I would just drive out and if stopped explain.

2 hours ago, Sonia said:

I am working on another this week. The form has changed but same address. Due to Christmas holidays I do not expect anything until sometime in January. Personally, I would just drive out and if stopped explain.

Thank you for your answer!!! Hablas español? Muchísimas Gracias por tu respuesta!!! Si entregamos los papeles en La Oficina tú crees que pueda estar listo para enero? De plano si tengo ganas de irnos sin el RS hasta la frontera de Belice ahí la de Banjercito siempre me ha atendido. Pero no me gusta arriesgarme aunque no creo que quieran confiscar mi camioneta es una Toyota 1986

5 hours ago, Sonia said:

Sonia, last week you mentioned that maybe something had/has changed with the Retorno Seguro program (or at least the website) and that you had 20+ calls into them with no return.  What is the current situation with this program, por favor?

The form has changed. It is on the Aduana web site. Otherwise requirements are the same. 

Delivering the papers may make a difference but purely a guess. Again, I can not get to talk with anyone who is responsible or knowledgeable.

I am sending an application hopefully by Friday because the moving company who is transporting the vehicle to the US insists on a Retorno Seguro. I expect it to take 6 weeks with holidays but that is hoping.

saludos

Sonia

• 3 weeks later...

Sonia, a related question:  Are you finding Aduana/SCT getting more aggressive about keeping TIP deposits by being sticklers about the rules and also making things like extensions more difficult?

We are hearing this is the case in Jalisco, wondering if you are seeing the same over there.

On 12/16/2016 at 0:34 PM, Mainecoons said:

Sonia, a related question:  Are you finding Aduana/SCT getting more aggressive about keeping TIP deposits by being sticklers about the rules and also making things like extensions more difficult?

We are hearing this is the case in Jalisco, wondering if you are seeing the same over there.

Mainecoons for a very short time Aduana at the QRO airport would only issue a one year extension when a person after being a TR for 1 year renewed for 3. I spoke with Aduana in DF  who called Aduana in QRO and that issue has gone away.

The answer to your question is my clients are not having that issue and I only have one who lost a deposit when they followed what I have below.

Being lazy but this is what I posted on another thread: 

I am having about 95% success in protecting TIP deposits. I personally do not go with clients as it is a 3 hour process counting travel time but I give explicit directions and also I recommend a person who will go.

I know the law says you should not have to do this but it works so please do not quote me the law. If one waits until you receive notice you are approved, Aduana at Queretaro airport still insists you return when visa is issued. And in some cases that letter, if there is an issue, can take weeks before it is issued.

My advice is you go to Aduana when you start the process at Inmigracion and again when visa is issued. 

This is the same for your first Temporary Resident visa and for a subsequent renewal. For those in San Miguel this is completed at the Queretaro airport. For those at lakeside your experiences may differ.

Requirements

1.    Original and copy of your passport, 

2.    Original and copy of title (Americans) or registration (Canadians), 

3.    INM notification visa process is started which is the page with the NUT number which starts with six 0’s,

4.    Page from which windshield car permit was removed. 

Complete a letter, which Aduana in Queretaro usually provides.     

Archived