Chapala.com Webboard

How much time does one have to turn in the TIP?

I think the permission is obtained through Aduana/Banjercito & may have to be done in Mexico City.  Spencer will have the latest details at Chapala Law.  Not a good idea to keep driving that car until you have the Retorno Seguro to get it out of the country. Yo1 is correct: You really should have planned ahead and taken the car out before applying for Residente Permanente.  Now, you will have only a maximum of 5 days from approval of the permit to drive it out of the country.

I just realized that Yo1 said “you can get a permission through INM to remove it within 5 days.” Does that mean that since I already have Permanente I need to get permission from INM and then I have 5 days to get the auto to the border?

It’s a very good car in very good condition with only 93K miles but 12 years old and Kelly Blue Book says it’s only worth about 1500usd.

2 hours ago, sirgadabout said:
2 hours ago, sirgadabout said:

What is the penalty for not getting it out within the 5 days?

Realistically? You lose your deposit with TIP. That was the whole concept behind TIP, this was to be the "teeth". For us - it means nothing, they couldn't even figure out the credit card for the documentation fee, we were never charged, save alone TIP deposits. Personally, I think the young man was so flustered having to hide that he tried to issue us a TIP as a 1973 Dodge pickup, that maybe the file was "misfiled" under U.F.O. sightings

The fire and brimstone crowd will tell you that you will be "smited" - but that is simply not happening, and is far too expensive given today's administrative costs throughout Mexico. Quite frankly, Sir Gadabout, no one really cares about your dammed car or what happens to it. If you drive uninsured, big mistake, get a policy from Lewis and Lewis. If you can't smog check - that looks bad too, its for all our future don't you know. You could get Mexican plates too, which opens the door to Mexican insurance and legal travel throughout Mexico. It sounds like you own a wonderful car, but no one is out to steal it. If a Transito says he will have to confiscate your car, offer the Transito your keys, this according to the latest from the head of Transito in Jalisco, this is never going to happen. I'm sorry but "der ees an irregularity with your paperwork" went out with the fall of the Berlin Wall.

Specifics about this 'removal program'....

It is called Retorno Seguro (Safe Return). Set up by SAT so that an individual (not just because of the Permanente visa situation) can safely remove a vehicle that has become illegal, for some reason, from Mexico. It used to be administered at the 'local' level by SAT.... in Guadalajara for Lakeside folks. The process could be done by an individual (who was fluent enough in Spanish probably) for just a few pesos, but most Gringos found it better to enlist a Facilitator for an extra fee. It took two visits to SAT to obtain the document and once the paperwork was complete the owner of the vehicle had 5-6 business days  from issuance to remove the vehicle from Mexico.

Unfortunately the Mexican government last Fall, for reasons not know by any of us, decided that local control would be eliminated and now this program can only be done in DF.... making the program virtually non-existent anymore for anyone not within striking distance of DF.  I spoke with Spencer last week and he knows of no plan afoot to revert to local control of this program.

So it is even more important now that a person nearing Permanente status remove the vehicle from Mexico BEFORE they become Permanente! Otherwise, one stands the potential of the car being confiscated. This (confiscation, if it happens) "probably" would not happen unless some 'other' circumstance happened.... an accident or a military stop, or ???.  BUT, one is dancing on thin ice to let their foreign plated vehicle get to this stage. If one is already Permanente and the vehicle is still in Mexico.... well good luck.

Sir Chillin....  your opinion is as good as the next person's if it is based on fact and experience. while I do NOT suggest that every person who doesn't get the car out of Mexico on time is definitely going to have it confiscated, I would never write that "you have nothing to worry about". Because I have proof that there are folks that DO care about it... or they will want to make an issue about it.

I recently was driving a car out of Mexico for a guy. Got stopped by a local Policia in a town between Mazatlan and the border who "didn't like the way my seat belt was drooping over my shoulder". My Bad! Asked for my TIP paperwork; asked if I was the person whose name was on the paperwork. No. Said I cannot drive that car. Knowing he was just looking for mordida, I didn't argue with him the fine points of Article 16 that says, yes, I can drive it. BUT I just handed him a Carta Poder (Power of Attorney) that the owner and I had drafted by a PV Abagodo which made it very clear that I was authorized to drive the car. At this point, he just said "leave".

My point, of course, is that these things DO happen. I drive a lot around Mexico and this is not the first time that "official paperwork" was saved my bacon.  Would this rogue cop have 'seized' my car. Probably not but he could have made my life pretty miserable for a while. But I am aware personally of State cops, on highly traveled by gringo roads, who know all about this Permanente/foreign car law.

So Sir Gadabout can follow your advice and just plow ahead to the border assuming that no one is smart enough in Mexico to confiscate his illegal vehicle. His choice. But he deserves to hear both sides of the potential that might lie ahead in his travel. He may not even be noticed.... I've had that happen plenty.... but maybe some person who to have some authority can make his life pretty miserable for a time IF he can't talk his way out of explaining why he has that vehicle in Mexico illegally.

I don’t know why but I waited a very long time before I finally became Permanente, the sticker on my windshield is from before they started requiring a deposit. Also the US plates have been expired for several years. I have Mexican insurance through Lewis and Lewis in California. I’ve been driving the car here for 12 years without an accident but I know it could happen and I’m concerned that the Mexican Insurance company would use the rules to keep from paying.  

In order to take it out of Mexico I need to buy insurance and tag from Florida where it was last registered which is not a problem. I want to take the car to Aduana at the border and get the sticker removed and the car taken out of the system. 

The car gives me very good service, has never left me stranded and I wouldn’t mind driving it until it’s ready for the junk yard but to save myself from all the worry and bother I’ll be glad to buy a new car with Mexican Plates.

Retorno Seguro Process I Use

Processor is .... Carlos de la Rosa Carpeta Phone 0-155-12-03-1000 ext 44211

DOF Web site for application form is half way down the page: Solicitud de autorizacion para el retorno de vehiculos extranjeros con permiso de importacion temporal de vehiculos vencidos,

de conformidad con la regla 4.2.20.:

http://www.dof.gob.mx/nota_detalle.php?codigo=5416019&fecha=19/11/2015

For those not sure and want to be totally safe they can apply for a 5 day Retorno Seguro. This allows you 5 days to get an “illegal”, foreign-plated car out of country. Complete the form and only copies of these:

1. Passport

2. Utility bill with in past 90 days in any name which will be address used for courier

3. Driver's License (Mexican, Canadian or American)

4. Visa front and back

5. Vehicle Title

6. Receipt when you paid for the car permit

7. Permiso de Importacion Vencido (document from which the windshield permit was removed)

8. Date you plan to exit and where you will exit Mexico.

9. License plate number.

10. Mexican phone number.

If someone else is going to represent you in presenting the documents in Mexico City you need a copy of the representatives ID along with a letter from title holder in Spanish saying you authorize

this person to represent you.

If a person other than vehicle owner will be driving the car in the accompanying letter you must state their full name as on their passport and provide a copy of their ID.

Address:

Av. Paseo de la Reforma #10, Piso 28

Col. Tabacalera C.P. 06030

Delegacion Cuahutemoc

Mexico City, D.F.

ATTN: Jose Luis Bolanos Ogarrio

Administradora de Apoyo

Juridico de Auditoria de Comercio Exterior No.1

There is no cost. Process is to take about 15 calendar days (my experience is more); the office in Mexico City sends it to your local SAT office, which for people in San Miguel is Celaya. That office then sends it to your address, all by courier. Or, a person can take the documents for you with no need of a power of attorney.

Buen Fin

Sonia

The Retorno Seguro is good for 5 days.

Thank you all for your help and especially Sonia. I can’t find the title and have been approved by the State of Florida to receive a replacement in about 15 days. Thank you again Yo1, RVGRINGO,CHILLIN, RickS. Sonia I see you help with MX driver’s license, I need one of those too so I’ll be contacting you soon. I sincerely appreciate all your help. SirGadabout

Sonia, sorry but unable to locate the application on the 92page link you provided? The 1st page has a vertical right side margin for additional documents, is this where I should be looking? If so which one? None appear to have a title that matches: Solicitud de autorizacion para el retorno de vehiculos extranjeros con permiso de importacion temporal de vehicles vencidos.

Get out of Jail.jpg

Información general solicitada

1. Señale el tipo de persona:

Nacional.

Extranjero.

Residente en el extranjero.

2. ¿Ha realizado esta solicitud con anterioridad?

SI

NO

3. Indique su calidad:

Importador.

Propietario del vehículo

Otro. (especifique)

4. Nombre completo (apellido paterno/materno/nombre (s)), razón o denominación social.

__________________________________________________________________________________

7. RFC

5. Nacionalidad:

6. Domicilio fiscal:

Calle___________________________ No. y/o letra exterior _________ No. y/o letra interior ___________ Colonia_________________ Código Postal___________ Municipio o Delegación en el D.F. ____________ Localidad _________________ Entidad Federativa ____________________________________________

Teléfonos ___________________________________________________________________________

8. Domicilio para oír y recibir notificaciones.

Calle                     Número y/o letra exterior                        Número y/o letra interior

Colonia                     C.P.                  Municipio/Delegación                   Entidad Federativa

Teléfono

Correo electrónico

DATOS DEL REPRESENTANTE LEGAL DEL SOLICITANTE

9. Nombre.

Apellido paterno               Apellido materno                                        Nombre

RFC incluyendo la homoclave

Teléfono

Correo electrónico

DATOS DE LAS PERSONAS AUTORIZADAS PARA OIR Y RECIBIR NOTIFICACIONES.

10. Persona autorizada para oír y recibir notificaciones.

Apellido paterno           Apellido materno          Nombre

RFC incluyendo la homoclave

Teléfono

Correo electrónico

11. Información General del Vehículo

Marca:

No. de Remolque

No. de Serie:

Tipo:

Aduana de Ingreso

Modelo:

No. Permiso de Importación Temporal del Vehículo:

No. de Serie:

Inicio de Vigencia

Placas:

Del Estado de:

Fecha de Vencimiento

12. Indique la aduana a la que corresponde el lugar por el que saldrá el vehículo.

13. Indique el nombre de la persona física o moral que efectuará el retorno del vehículo en caso de que el propietario no sea quien lo conduzca, así como indique, en su caso, el medio en que será transportado dicho vehículo (contenedor, plataforma, etc.)

Documentos que deberán anexarse a la solicitud:

1. Copia del documento que acredite el domicilio del solicitante.

2. Copia del permiso de importación vencido.

3. Copia del título de propiedad (acreditar la propiedad del vehículo de referencia) a nombre del importador, o en su caso, declaración bajo protesta de decir verdad de que es su legítimo propietario. Si la información se encuentra en idioma distinto al español, anexar traducción de la misma de conformidad con el artículo 271, primer párrafo del Código Federal de Procedimientos Civiles, de aplicación supletoria a la legislación aduanera.

4. Copia del pasaporte del importador.

5. Copia de la licencia de conducir del importador, y el de la persona autorizada para conducir el vehículo para su retorno al extranjero

6. Copia de la forma migratoria múltiple, en la cual se desprenda la calidad migratoria del importador.

7. Copia de la Escritura pública o carta poder mediante la cual se acredite la representación legal.

8. Copia de la Identificación oficial del representante legal o de la persona física que presente la solicitud.

9. Manifestación bajo protesta de decir verdad que el vehículo descrito no se encuentra sujeto a ningún procedimiento administrativo en materia aduanera.

10. Copia de la Garantía constituida al internar el vehículo de referencia (recibo de pago expedido por BANJERCITO).

Consultar el “Instructivo de trámite para el retorno de vehículos extranjeros con permiso de importación temporal de vehículos vencido, de conformidad con la regla 4.2.20.”.

Instructivo de trámite de la Solicitud de autorización para el retorno de vehículos extranjeros con permiso de importación temporal de vehículos vencidos, de conformidad con la regla 4.2.20.

¿Quiénes lo presentan?

El importador o el propietario del vehículo

¿Cómo se presenta?

Mediante escrito libre en los términos de la regla 1.2.2., utilizando el formato “Solicitud de autorización para el retorno de vehículos extranjeros con permiso de importación temporal de vehículos vencidos, de conformidad con la regla 4.2.20.”.

¿A quién se dirige?

A la ACAJACE

¿Cuándo se emite la autorización?

Dentro de los 15 días hábiles siguientes, contados a partir de la fecha de recepción de la solicitud.

¿Qué documento se obtiene?

Autorización para llevar a cabo el retorno de vehículos.

Requisitos:

1.     Copia del permiso de Importación temporal vencido.

2.     Copia de la garantía constituida al internar el vehículo de referencia (recibo de pago expedido por BANJERCITO).

3.     Copia del título de Propiedad (acreditar la propiedad del vehículo de referencia) a nombre del importador.

4.     Copia del documento que acredite el domicilio del solicitante.

5.     Copia del pasaporte del importador.

6.     Copia de la licencia de conducir del importador, así como las personas autorizadas para conducir el vehículo para su retorno al extranjero.

7.     Copia de la forma migratoria múltiple, en la cual se desprende la calidad migratoria de turista del importador.

8.     En caso de que sean diferente persona el propietario del importador, éste último deberá otorgar una carta poder a fin de que el importador pueda hacer el trámite de referencia.

9.     Copia de la escritura pública o carta poder mediante la cual se acredite la representación legal.

10.   Copia de la Identificación oficial del representante legal o de la persona física que presente la solicitud.

11.   Manifestación bajo protesta de decir verdad que el vehículo descrito no se encuentra sujeto a ningún procedimiento administrativo en materia aduanera.

Excepcionalmente, se podrá otorgar la autorización de referencia por segunda ocasión, a quienes, por caso fortuito o fuerza mayor, no pudieron realizar el retorno dentro de los cinco días hábiles señalados anteriormente, siempre que demuestren estos hechos y hagan entrega a la autoridad competente, del oficio original por el que se hubiere otorgado la primera autorización.

Nota.

En todos los casos, es obligación del interesado presentar el holograma y el permiso de importación temporal o, declaración bajo protesta de decir verdad en escrito libre en los términos de la regla 1.2.2., en el cual se indique la causa por la cual no se presenta el holograma, el permiso, o ambos; lo anterior, a fin de que el personal de BANJERCITO registre la salida, o en su caso la cancelación del permiso.

Si se observa que se omitió alguna información o documentación, se efectuará un requerimiento al interesado, a fin de que en un plazo de 10 días, en términos de los artículos 18 y 18-A del CFF, presente la información o documentación faltante, de no atenderse el requerimiento en el plazo señalado se tendrá por no presentada la solicitud de autorización.

Todos los trámites relacionados con esta solicitud, serán gratuitos.

¿Qué procede una vez obtenida dicha autorización?

Cuenta con 5 días hábiles para retornar el vehículo, contados a partir de que se notifique la autorización.

Disposiciones jurídicas aplicables:

Artículo 182, fracción II y183, fracción II de la Ley.

Translated using Google

Use this URL and form should immediately download. http://www.sat.gob.mx/informacion_fiscal/normatividad/formas_fiscales/Documents/ADeclaraciones_avisos_formatos_instructivos_dic2015/A69.docxImage 1

General information requested

1. Indicate the type of person:

National.

Foreign.

Residing abroad.

2. Have you made this request before?

IF

DO NOT

3. Enter your quality:

Importer.

Vehicle owner

Other. (specify)

4. Full name (last name / Mother / name (s)), corporate name.

__________________________________________________________________________________

7. RFC

5. Nationality:

6. Tax office:

No. Calle___________________________ and / or exterior No. _________ letter and / or letter inside ___________ Colonia_________________ Postal___________ Code Town or delegation in Mexico City Federal State ____________ _________________ Location ____________________________________________

phones ___________________________________________________________________________

8. Address to hear and receive notifications.

Street Number and / or outside letter number and / or letter inside

Cologne CP Municipality / Federal State Delegation

Phone

Email

DATA APPLICANT 'S LEGAL REPRESENTATIVE

9. Name.

Maternal surname name last name

RFC including homoclave

Phone

Email

DATA FOR THE UNAUTHORIZED PERSONS hear and receive notifications.

10. Person authorized to hear and receive notifications.

Maternal surname name last name

RFC including homoclave

Phone

Email

11. General Vehicle Information

Brand:

Towing No.

Serial number:

Kind:

Customs Revenue

Model:

Temporary Import Permit No. Vehicle:

Serial number:

Effective Home

plates:

State:

Due date

12. Indicate the customs office which corresponds to the point where they leave the vehicle.

13. Indicate the name of the person or entity that made the return of the vehicle if the owner is not who leads, and indicate, where appropriate, the means that will be transported the vehicle (container, pallet, etc.)

Documents to be attached to the application:

1. A copy of the document certifying the applicant 's address.

2. Copy of the import permit expired.

3. Copy of title (prove ownership of the vehicle reference) on behalf of the importer or , where applicable, statement under oath that is its rightful owner. If the information is in a language other than Spanish, attach translation thereof in accordance with Article 271, first paragraph of the Federal Code of Civil Procedure, a supplementary application of customs legislation.

4. Copy of passport of the importer.

5. Copy of driver 's license of the importer, and the person authorized to drive the vehicle to return abroad

6. Copy of multiple migratory form, in which the migratory status of the importer peel off.

7. Copy of the public deed or power of attorney by which legal representation is credited.

8. Copy of official identification of legal representative or physical person submitting the request.

9. Statement under oath that the vehicle described is not subject to any administrative procedure in customs matters.

10. Copy of the security provided to hospitalize the reference vehicle (receipt of payment issued by BANJERCITO).

Check the "Instructions of procedure for the return of foreign vehicles with temporary import permit expired vehicles in accordance with Rule 4.2.20.".

Instructions for handling the request authorization for the return of foreign vehicles with temporary import permit overdue vehicles in accordance with Rule 4.2.20.

Who they present?

The importer or owner of the vehicle

How does it occur?

Free by writing to the terms of Rule 1.2.2., Using the form "Request for authorization for the return of foreign vehicles with temporary import permit overdue vehicles in accordance with Rule 4.2.20.".

Who is it for ?

The ACAJACE

When the authorization is issued?

Within 15 working days from the date of receipt of the request.

What document obtained?

Authorization to carry out the return of vehicles.

requirements:

1. Copy the temporary import permit expired.

2. Copy of the security provided to hospitalize the reference vehicle (receipt of payment issued by BANJERCITO).

3.   copy of Property title (accredit Property reference vehicle) on behalf of the importer.

4. A copy of the document certifying the applicant 's address.

5. Copy of passport of the importer.

6. Copy of driver's license importer and persons authorized to drive the vehicle to return abroad.

7. Copy Multiple immigration form in which the migratory status of the importing economy emerges.

8. If they are different person the owner of the importer, the latter shall grant a power of attorney so that the importer can make the process reference.

9. Copy of the public deed or power of attorney by which legal representation is credited.

10. A copy of the official identification of the legal representative or physical person submitting the request.

11. Statement under oath that the vehicle described is not subject to any administrative procedure in customs matters.

Exceptionally, you may be granted authorization reference for the second time, who, by accident or force majeure, could not make the return within five working days mentioned above, provided that they prove these facts and make delivery to the competent authority, the original job for which has been granted the first authorization.

Note.

In all cases, the person concerned is required to submit the hologram and temporary import permit or statement under oath in free written in the terms of Rule 1.2.2., Which indicated the cause for which no hologram, permit, or both is presented; above, so that the staff BANJERCITO record the output, or possibly the cancellation of the permit.

If you notice that any information or documentation was omitted, a requirement the person concerned shall be made, so that within 10 days, in terms of Articles 18 and 18-A of the CFF, present information or missing documentation, not met the requirement within the prescribed period shall be deemed not filed the application for authorization.

All procedures related to this application will be free.

What comes after obtaining such authorization?

Has 5 business days to return the vehicle, counted from the authorization is notified.

Legal provisions:

Article 182, Section II Y183, Section II of the Act.

Happy to answer questions. If I do not it is because the poster is on "ignore" and I do not open their posts.

Much of what i post is also on my web site which has up to 8000 plus views a month. www.soniadiaz.mx

Have a great weekend.

Sonia

Sonia, Many thanks for your assistance in providing the link to the actual form & it's English Translation! This is very much appreciated. We will contact your recommended processor to handle a review & the final submission of documents to SAT on our behalf.

1 hour ago, mkshawn said:

Sonia, Many thanks for your assistance in providing the link to the actual form & it's English Translation! This is very much appreciated. We will contact your recommended processor to handle a review & the final submission of documents to SAT on our behalf.

You are welcome. The person I quoted is the man who works for SAT and who normally will process your file once received by SAT in Mexico City if you need to do follow-up. I am finding process taking 3 weeks plus. And once delivered to you 5 days to exit.This makes it very hard to plan.

best

Sonia

• 1 month later...

Sonia, do you know ifs there is already a made up form for the  "Bajo protesta de decir verdad que el vehículo descrito no se encuentra sujeto a ningún procedimiento administrativo en materia aduanera" that we have to use? (that is to be included with the solicitation).  Because I have been unable to find it.  Can I make up my own, take it to a notary public and have it signed instead?

On March 4, 2016 at 10:47 AM, Sonia said:

Terri if you click the above it should immediately download the form to your computer. The notary part is not on that form and not required. 

Yes, I courrier to Mexico City.

Hope this helps

Sonia

• 7 months later...

Hola a todos! 

Nosotros tenemos una camioneta americana que dejamos en Coatzacoalcos con permiso expirado y me vengo enterando de todos los cambios este fin de semana, ayer fui al SAT de Tijuana pero no me ayudaron. Ya tengo todos los documentos listos pero necesito un representante que valla a entregarlos a La Oficina saben de algunos servicios que hagan esto en el DF? O puede ser cualquier persona de confianza? Alguien sabe si podemos recojer el permiso en persona? Son tantas mis preguntas y las llamadas de teléfono a números fuera de servicio o a extenciones donde nunca te contestan. Vale la pena todo este esfuerzo? O será que reparto mi troka en partes ya que nadie la puede manejar. Ayuda!!!

Archived