Chapala.com Webboard

What replaces Netflix

Now that Netflix won't allow us to hide our IP address to watch as if we were in the USA or Canada what is the next best option to get a good selection of movies to watch while at Lakeside?

So far, we are still able to watch stuff on Netflix using unblock us, knock on wood.  In fact we were using it as last night.  It worked like it always has.  But, regardless there are quite a few free sites where you can watch movies steaming on line.  Crackle, Hulu, and my favorite is Vumoo.com, it is a very similar site to Netflix, much of the selection is nearly the same and it is free.

I use Hotspot Shield is the best VPN to see content from other countries and works with Netflix at perfecion , try it! I leave the link https://www.hotspotshield.com  

----

JM / ARQ - Construction & General Contracting
Arq. Julio Mireles
Phone: (045) 3 339 468 475

Also if you want to see the best series premiere , use torrent and a special site for the series is www.eztv.ch

----

JM / ARQ - Construction & General Contracting
Arq. Julio Mireles
Phone: (045) 3 339 468 475

We were using HideMyAss but they nailed us a few days ago.  Tried a couple of others, though not those suggested above.  Our particular issue is that we need English subtitles for the hearing impaired, which is limiting.  Anyone found a workaround for that?

We looked into Mexican Netflix, but checking out the titles with English subtitles was a disheartening experience unless you're a kid who just loves violent action movies.:o

I ask because brother up in Canada tried it after me, and it littered his screen with popups and scams. Interesting: usually that would happen here, not there. Getting a couple of other people in Ottawa to try it and report back.

• 2 months later...
On 3/2/2016 at 7:32 PM, ComputerGuy said:

I ask because brother up in Canada tried it after me, and it littered his screen with popups and scams. Interesting: usually that would happen here, not there. Getting a couple of other people in Ottawa to try it and report back.

I just tried it and also got popups and scams.

Yes, as of recently our Netflix has been trickier to use.  It has been catching us by noticing our unblockus.com use and telling us to turn off our proxy and try again.  With repeated attempts of refreshing Netflix and/or reactivating unblock I can get it to work eventurally, but it ain't as easy as it once was.  Also, I discovered putlocker.is and I use it a lot.  It seems to have every thing that Netflix has and possibly more.  It is totally free and easy to use and the domain of .is means it is a site that comes from Iceland.  The only negative about putlocker is, is that it has lots of popups, but just when you search for a movie or start the movie, but once the movie starts, never during the movie.  They have all seasons of the History Channels Vikings the tv series which is awesome in addition to Game of Thrones everything is in HD.  Just be sure to click on HD on the bottom of the screen as you would a youtube video.

28 minutes ago, pappysmarket said:

I just tried it and also got popups and scams.

For putlocker try using a popup blocker.  I've been using it for 4 months and haven't gotten any viruses from using it yet.  But the popups are slightly annoying and definitely a negative. I feel safer using this site over torrents.

As the local satellite broker recently said, the harder it gets to stream from up north, the greater the number of folks are coming back to satellite.  He said many seniors are sharing an account with a grown child up north. The only problem with this option is that more and more of the folks up north are giving up satellite as well.

We use Kodi with Exodus and Specto Fork as add-ons (all free).  We pay 10.16US for 3 months service for Real Debrid for better quality links.  We are able  to  watch 2016 movies and television  programs that  aired  last week.

Archived