Chapala.com Webboard

EdoMex License Plates

Sonia

Recently when in Ajijic a person noted their EdoMex license plates on what was a US plated vehicle. I know people in SMA with these plates on both NAFTA and Non-NAFTA made vehicles.

EdoMex is the area around Mexico City. Some car owners with foreign plated cars are obtaining EdoMex license plates. These are provided by what is called the Mexican Mafia. The plates are illegal. Your vehicle has not been nationalized. You can not get Jalisco emissions tests. You can not register in another state. The process is fraud and your vehicle is subject to confiscation and in the event of an accident possible incarceration. If still doubtful ask for the pedimento from Aduana and the factura from the broker. And if still adamant your vehicle is legal take to Aduana at the GDL airport and ask them if your vehicle is legal. Then again you may not want to take your vehicle, just go and ask.

Sonia

This again huh? Well another paid for services lawyer has told a neighbor that they legalize your vehicle to be on the highways of Mexico. Satisfy those morons at Aduana? - who knows - they don't seem to have a clue as to what they are doing, or where they are heading, and Aduana is certainly not pulling over Mexico plated vehicles. As far as "Mexican Mafia" isn't that exactly what a great many Mexicans call the "UDC" organization you support, including the one which you acknowledge yourself as being completely fraudulent. So what about the UDC paper plates - are they now "fraudulent" too - or have they always been so.

The only new development I have heard, from a player in the auto industry, not a lawyer, is that the problem with Mexico plates is that you have to wait one year before Jalisco will replace them with State plates.

It is pretty much a none issue in this part of Mexico. Police are not pulling over obviously foreign drivers, with foreign plated vehicles, not for plate violations anyways.

FYI UCD is a very legal organization. Those with UCD permits in GTO state get a letter from SAT saying car is legal. They also get a letter from head of GTO transito police stating car is legal. Not one person with 1700 plus permits in SMA has had a car confiscated. And, those with the permit obtain legal insurance.

Before you try to slander someone you should become informed. Let me help you with that.

UCD (La Unión Campesina Democrática)

UCD is a very influential association of nearly 900,000 members in Mexico made to improve conditions and advocating for farmers etc, buy seeds, wells, irrigation, home improvements, making

less expensive foreign vehicles legal, government liaison / support for their causes, etc. UCD or similar organizations can be found in most states in Mexico. Through government programs such as

SEDESOL, INAES, SEDATU, YOUNG ENTREPRENEUR, EMPRENDEDRO YOUNG RURAL HOUSING they help poor people, those marginalized, orphans and work to find employment for those fighting

for an opportunity at a decent life. They also are advocates for Indigenous Peoples.

For renal patients they assist in arranging and paying for dialysis and related medicines along with detection and early care of those with renal failure. UCD assists in the coordination of kidney

transplants.

UCD encourages and supports sporting events and the involvement in sports while providing trophies and rewards.

In addition, free legal support for those without the resources is provided through UCD.

It is also important to UCD members to promote Mexican culture, traditions and celebrations such as Day of the Dead, Day of the Child, Mother's Day, Independence Day, etc.

UCD encourages Mexican artisans. They promotes their products to national and foreign tourists and businesses and assist with contracts between artisans and buyers / businesses. This support

includes guidance in the exporting of works of art to foreign countries.

UCD also assist in nationalizing NAFTA vehicles. 

As to Aduana not caring, then ask Spencer about the person whom I referred to him earlier this week who had car confiscated. Or ask about his client whose car was confiscated in Celaya. 

Or ask the people in Ixtapa and area who nationalized their vehicles and upon renewing their annual registration were all put on hold while the state and Aduana check every such vehicle. Many failed the check. 

And UCD is the organization working tirelessly to legally nationalize vehicles. Meetings are wrapping up in Mexico City and in March we will have our own amparo to nationalize NAFTA and non-NAFTA vehicles 2010 and older and possibly 2011. Of the hundreds of vehicles they nationalized in the past every one was legal. I am proud to be associated with this organization. 

1 hour ago, Sonia said:

FYI UCD is a very legal organization. Those with UCD permits in GTO state get a letter from SAT saying car is legal. They also get a letter from head of GTO transito police stating car is legal. Not one person with 1700 plus permits in SMA has had a car confiscated. And, those with the permit obtain legal insurance.

Before you try to slander someone you should become informed. Let me help you with that.

UCD (La Unión Campesina Democrática)

UCD is a very influential association of nearly 900,000 members in Mexico made to improve conditions and advocating for farmers etc, buy seeds, wells, irrigation, home improvements, making

less expensive foreign vehicles legal, government liaison / support for their causes, etc. UCD or similar organizations can be found in most states in Mexico. Through government programs such as

SEDESOL, INAES, SEDATU, YOUNG ENTREPRENEUR, EMPRENDEDRO YOUNG RURAL HOUSING they help poor people, those marginalized, orphans and work to find employment for those fighting

for an opportunity at a decent life. They also are advocates for Indigenous Peoples.

For renal patients they assist in arranging and paying for dialysis and related medicines along with detection and early care of those with renal failure. UCD assists in the coordination of kidney

transplants.

UCD encourages and supports sporting events and the involvement in sports while providing trophies and rewards.

In addition, free legal support for those without the resources is provided through UCD.

It is also important to UCD members to promote Mexican culture, traditions and celebrations such as Day of the Dead, Day of the Child, Mother's Day, Independence Day, etc.

UCD encourages Mexican artisans. They promotes their products to national and foreign tourists and businesses and assist with contracts between artisans and buyers / businesses. This support

includes guidance in the exporting of works of art to foreign countries.

UCD also assist in nationalizing NAFTA vehicles. 

In other words they are an organization whose goal is to support Mexican campesinos,not gringos looking for a loophole to import their cars,correct?

In the same way expats can legally make use of Seguro Popular and IMSS. Even those who are so adamant at against ACA. And of course INAPAM comes to mind. LOL

VIVA MEXICO

It is easier and more reasonable to believe of the existence in alien life forms than a way to legalize economically your foreign plated car avoiding scams.

With the exchange rate now there is no excuse to legalize with the claim that cars are more expensive in Mexico. 

14 hours ago, Intercasa said:

It is easier and more reasonable to believe of the existence in alien life forms than a way to legalize economically your foreign plated car avoiding scams.

Of course I believe in alien life forms - I have been hanging around lawyers all my life! So when five Jalisco lawyers say Mexico plates are good to go - kind of makes one sit up and pay attention - or not. And no, I have never been pulled over, not even once in my driving life in Canada, the U.K., the U.S.A., or Mexico.

• mod-3 featured and locked this topic

Archived