Chapala.com Webboard

New format

johanson

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Ajijic_hiker said:

...that's because you haven't used the old format... being a 'newbie' and all.

Thanks for your comment, but do not do the personal matter, I just felt comfortable with this update. Regards!

lol like i did just now... ten mins of trying to get to your response... to see this for ten minutes...  (yeah an error, big mistake to check into this before the week... or two like you said... that was the error!)

An error occurred (500 Error)

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now. 

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later. 

Has anyone mentioned this is now the slowest forum on the interwebs?

It is coming up so slow my obit will likely be in print before I get a message to read.

Yes things are really mixed up and slow. I sure hope whoever is hosting this gets things going. I would be very happy if they went back to the old format, which I found to be great.  It's sure better than what we have today.

3 hours ago, mod-3 said:

I have some good news to report: Many of the moderator functions, at least in my case are either missing or restricted. So have fun while it lasts. 

Well if that is how fun is defined... all the more reason to find real fun elsewhere... grin

My display name has become Gregoryanne.
But I am Lexie or Lexy. What happened to that? I've written to a moderator (I think).

Also I see that on old threads there are postings repeated under different posters. Somethings wrong here.

Lexy

Aha!  Tried one of the new Moderator tools and was able to fix your "handle" problem Lexy!

Edit function still not working as noted.  This is pretty wild, I've spend most of the morning deleting at a snail's pace notifications that go back to 2009 long since handled.  Mod tools are much more powerful, we have more options for helping or chastising.

On 2/19/2016 at 0:13 PM, Ferret said:
17 hours ago, moderator-2 said:
5 minutes ago, moderator-2 said:

My "edit" function appears to be working now.  Please let us know if yours is not.

Gracias!

PM should be working now.  Speed is a little better.

They are working very hard on it.  With the new classified your patience will be rewarded.  I hope!

Okay, I'll try it.

17 hours ago, moderator-2 said:

PM should be working now.  Speed is a little better.

They are working very hard on it.  With the new classified your patience will be rewarded.  I hope!

You gotta be kiddin' me...you guys got memories like elephants. Should I point out now that my 3 warning points have disappeared?

Slower than molasses is being polite...it's so slow that I think it's going in reverse. There is no indicator to show that anything is happening either so we single click, then harder single click, then double click and then give up in disgust. Other than that it would be fine. Different but fine.

Hah!  You think those warning points are gone?  Try clicking on your profile and they will probably pop up there, along with the cautionary tale from whoever issued them.  At least this doesn't seem to be available to the general public, so I guess that's the good news.;)

Slow? I counted 20 slow seconds from the time I clicked on your post to the time it arrived.  Oh well, 20 seconds isn't really that much.  Unless you're counting.:rolleyes:

Archived