Chapala.com Webboard

New format

johanson

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slower than molasses in winter. Lots of white space--what, the designer likes white? I like content, myself. Please tell us, moderators, what is the concept here? What is the goal? Yes, I can see that one can do things previously not possible like dragging files to attach, which, frankly, I have no desire to do, nor do I desire to read other peoples' files. This is just a chat board. It is not Facebook, nor do I want it to be.

Mods had no warning either.  Definitely slow as molasses.  I've advised Admin of this.  You all might want to do same.

Good news is that the ability to post stuff for sale will be returning here.  Just hang in there and give them some time to work out the glitches.  

The old format provided a way to see all the topics in all the forums listed in last post order. That made it possible to get past all the gibberish and garbage ro the few things I found worth my time, al in about 2 or 3 minutes a day.

To say nothing about the current slowness of this place, without the above feature, I'll remove OJO from my bookmarks.

10 minutes ago, NLU said:

The old format provided a way to see all the topics in all the forums listed in last post order. That made it possible to get past all the gibberish and garbage ro the few things I found worth my time, al in about 2 or 3 minutes a day.

To say nothing about the current slowness of this place, without the above feature, I'll remove OJO from my bookmarks.

It has that function. Defalt is "Browse" hit "Activities" then "All Activiies".

16 minutes ago, mod-3 said:

I have some good news to report: Many of the moderator functions, at least in my case are either missing or restricted. So have fun while it lasts.

You gotta be kiddin' me...you guys got memories like elephants. Should I point out now that my 3 warning points have disappeared?

Slower than molasses is being polite...it's so slow that I think it's going in reverse. There is no indicator to show that anything is happening either so we single click, then harder single click, then double click and then give up in disgust. Other than that it would be fine. Different but fine.

48 minutes ago, mod-3 said:

I have some good news to report: Many of the moderator functions, at least in my case are either missing or restricted. So have fun while it lasts. 

Yup but at least I was able to unhide your post. :)

I see no way to move stuff posted in the wrong section either.

Archived