Chapala.com Webboard

Adelita's - What's it like now?

Carnivore

There likely is not one "real" deal. All people can report is how it was when they visited. Then you have to take into account who they are and what they expected. Some people love it and some people don't like it at all. Others find it okay fine but neither love it nor hate it. Walk on the wild side and go experience it for yourself.

Hmmm...we go once or twice a week...we haven't had any issues. When we go on Monday nights, we know it is crowded and plan accordingly. If you show up after 6:30, your probably going to have a bit of a wait for your food...BUT...reduced price menu, live music, no cover charge, lots of folks to visit with....nope, no complaints.

Ahem, pardon me for asking, but why don't you just go there? Are you writing from France or somewhere? NO OFFENSE BUT If you are planning a major anniversary or something, it would be good to go and check it out first-hand, before-hand.

Seems everyone's taste buds and opinions are really different. I've had several meals there.  Salad dressing is like candy.  Pizza terrible. They have no clue how to cook rice, which I can do better at home, and rice is not hard to make correctly.   Most of the meals where disappointments, loaded with sweets and salt. 

I had one good entree there and that was the mushroom burger.  Three bad meals to one good one--not good odds.

28 minutes ago, John Galt said:

Should say meals were instead of where disappointments.  I don't see how this edit feature is working now.  The entire layout has changed and I don't see how it is better.  Where are the mailboxes now for PMs?

Click on the name.  I just clicked on yours and it's clear about sending messages to you.

Yes, the format is different and it is slow to load, but I don't see a problem in using it.  Slow today, but that changes from day to day on the whole web.

This is a complete overhaul which will also apparently result in the classified being returned to this board.  The thing is running like molasses right now and there are a number of gliches.  We mods were as surprised as the rest of you when this showed up today.  Hang in there!

3 minutes ago, moderator-2 said:

This is a complete overhaul which will also apparently result in the classified being returned to this board.  The thing is running like molasses right now and there are a number of gliches.  We mods were as surprised as the rest of you when this showed up today.  Hang in there!

My supply of patience will kick in, since complete overhauls tend to have topes in the mix.  I hope the matter I just mentioned above is considered and changed since it is, by definition, out of context.

4 hours ago, gringal said:

Click on the name.  I just clicked on yours and it's clear about sending messages to you.

Yes, the format is different and it is slow to load, but I don't see a problem in using it.  Slow today, but that changes from day to day on the whole web.

I can see that I can send a PM to someone that way, but I don't see how to view my Inbox or existing messages.

Welcome to the new and improved and slow board..I am in the States with high speed internet and this board is limping early in the morning..They (the ones who voted to change the format) should have given everyone a heads up on this change...us older folks don't care for drastic changes especially when it is less user friendly and slower than traffic thru central Ajijic on a busy Sat. I am hopeful that we will adjust to the "new and improved" format and that the speed will soon learn how to walk instead of crawl..

Really??  R u kidding??   This place is one of the best hot spots in town.  Packed to the limit every Monday...excellent food, service and music...wonderful staff and management....and newly  renovated venue with NO increase in prices even!!   This board is becoming a nit picking complaint venue...give praise and credit where due...and just go and see the place!!  Rumours abound in this format and village............         It gets sickening...           Thats my rant for today!!!!!

PS  Whats going on with the new location, etc for GO Bistro?  Is it there still or not???         No rumours or nastiness required either!!!!!

Archived