Chapala.com Webboard

H2 Ole and TioBob

gimpychimp

Bob is basically retired and his son in law Jackie is the main man there now. I've been very satisfied with his work and don't hesitate to recommend him. Their storefront in Plaza Bugambillias seems to be open much of the time and it is easy to drop in there and arrange service or buy equipment.

I saw Jackie today and said hello to him in front of his office. We talked about some work he will be doing for me; changing out a piece of equipment for my water purification system . I have only had the best of luck using him. I too highly recommend him.

• 5 months later...

Twice Jackie promised to come and do work on my system at a confirmed time and day. Both times after he was an hour and a half late he called to say that he would not come on that day and could he re-schedule. I gave up on him. Is there a lakeside guy who services home water purification who is good and dependable?

I, too, only have but the highest praise to give to Jackie.  We have been using his services here in downtown Chapala for the past 5 years.  He is almost always on time, and only once did he have to reschedule for the following day.  Take into consideration that his is basically a two person operation.  His wife runs the store in Plaza Bugambilia and he does all the house calls and installations.  When you call to make an appointment, it is he, Jackie, that comes.  He does not send a third guy.  I assume that some jobs take unexpectedly longer than others and sometimes things come up.  So, if someone says that he didn't show, I would maybe give him, perhaps, a second chance.  He is probably around 97% reliable, in my opinion, that is much higher than you will get with the average business around here.

Niki, sorry you had such a bad experience, but like the others who vouch for him I too must comment that your experience is so far out of the norm for the Jackie we all know that I find myself grasping at other reasons why he did not show up for you. Are your dogs kept clear when he comes? He may be too polite to say anything to you. Just guessing.

13 minutes ago, Semalu said:

Niki, sorry you had such a bad experience, but like the others who vouch for him I too must comment that your experience is so far out of the norm for the Jackie we all know that I find myself grasping at other reasons why he did not show up for you. Are your dogs kept clear when he comes? He may be too polite to say anything to you. Just guessing.

Another vote for Jackie's reliability.  We've had our purification system in for years, and Jackie has always taken care of things. 

Archived