Chapala.com Webboard

Careful where you park.

Jistme

Be careful anyway...NEVER please NEVER park behind a driveway, streets are narrow and many of us become trapped in our garages.

I just was without my car for over a week from parking in Chapala on main drag..and person parking next to me, hit my car...so had to be repaired.

Seems little respect for others around here with cars.

sorry your car was keyed, that is terrible.

This morning we parked our small car in the street around the corner from Superlake, we parked in front of a modern-looking

building, not in front of a garage. Someone deliberately keyed our car with long deep scratches.

Be careful.

I don't see how you were not careful.

What are you suggesting you should have done that you did not do?

This morning we parked our small car in the street around the corner from Superlake, we parked in front of a modern-looking

building, not in front of a garage. Someone deliberately keyed our car with long deep scratches.

Be careful.

Do you have any suggestions where we should park....?

Keying cars has long been a sport lakeside. One of the reasons I rarely park where someone has put a bucket or chair in front of their place. But around the corner from SuperLake was just one of those unlucky days for the OP...

I have noticed some drivers when parallel parking their vehicles bump into the rear cars front bumper of the car behind the spot they are trying to get into and them bump into the car in front of themĀ“s bumper and when leaving possible do the same lazy way of parking and scratching the paint on other peoplesĀ“ vehicles. I have seen drivers doing this when leaving also. It has happened to our car several times. I will not park behind or in front of vehicles that have many paint scratches on their bumpers or old beaters especially pickups anymore no matter how inconveniente it is to find another spot.

People! Please remember that your brains were not left at the border or that we lost them somewhere along the way..... please be considerate about parking....don't smash into the car in front or in back.....don't take up 2 spaces when 1 would suffice-they are scarce around here. At most of our ages, we should be adept at parallel parking by now.

TIA

Also: Do not park within a car length of a cornerā€¦.

Just this morning I had to drive FIVE blocks out of my way, then two more out of my way because not one, but two foreign plated cars were parked right on corners in Ajijic Centro. Please people... :013:

When you park on the corner, you not only invite damage, you alter normal traffic patterns in town. I don't drive a particularly big car and still couldn't make the turns, never mind trucks and large vehicles, etc., which don't have a chance.

Just this morning I had to drive FIVE blocks out of my way, then two more out of my way because not one, but two foreign plated cars were parked right on corners in Ajijic Centro. Please people... :013:

When you park on the corner, you not only invite damage, you alter normal traffic patterns in town. I don't drive a particularly big car and still couldn't make the turns, never mind trucks and large vehicles, etc., which don't have a chance.

If you've ever watched a bus trying to navigate a corner on these narrow Ajijic streets, it's a wonder they succeed. Sometimes it's back and forth multiple times. Now, imagine how a parked car at the corner multiplies the problem. Have a heart for the other drivers, especially the trucks and buses. :unsure:

Yesterday afternoon there were foreign plated vehicles DOUBLE parked outside La Mision on Rio Bravo. Combined with legally parked cars on the other side of the street, there was barely enough room to get past them in an Xtrail.

I might add that there was heaps of safe parking on Ocampo if these $%&/()s had just driven another 150 metres.

How inconsiderate and stupid! Stupid in the extreme as this is a bus route...(!!!)

I have fantasized of driving an old DINA all over Ajijic and removing cars, or at least parts of them, from all the corners in the village. It would provide a full dayā€˜s entertainment and eliminate boredom from my life, as well as that of the spectators gathered along the sidewalks to watch. A side benefit would be the study of just how well various makes of automobiles were put together. Of course, the owners of those vehicles; now 3/4 or 1/2 vehicles, would be interesting to watch, as they denied that Jalisco has laws prohibiting parking on corners, or even having current registration. Ah, yes....that would be fun and an old DINA could do the trick very nicely. The only other option would be a snowplow; but they are rather hard to find in Ajijic. :wacko:

I don't care what a DINA is, I volunteer to drive for you. I would LOVE to smash some cars who's drivers don't care about anyone but themselves. That goes for those of who you insist on parking sooo far from the next car that you take up two spaces when parking is at a premium.

RVGringo----Call me!!!!

In the nearly 8 years we've lived here, there has been a steady stream of petty crime, harassment and things like car keying in that strip. We park at least a block away or further and try and go there as little as possible.

I don't see any evidence that SuperLake or any of the other merchants there have made any serious effort to control it. Go there at your own risk and park as far away as you can manage.

I don't care what a DINA is, I volunteer to drive for you. I would LOVE to smash some cars who's drivers don't care about anyone but themselves. That goes for those of who you insist on parking sooo far from the next car that you take up two spaces when parking is at a premium.

RVGringo----Call me!!!!

On occasion it is not the vehicle you see parked "so far" from the next car that started the sequence of taking up 2 spaces but the person who has already left and possibly a couple of more vehicles that have left where you donĀ“t really know who is to blame.

When there are 6 parking spots on one block and even one person parks in the middle of where 2 spots are all the rest are disconfigured until the original sequence is restored. Sometimes the next day.

On occasion it is not the vehicle you see parked "so far" from the next car that started the sequence of taking up 2 spaces but the person who has already left and possibly a couple of more vehicles that have left where you donĀ“t really know who is to blame.

When there are 6 parking spots on one block and even one person parks in the middle of where 2 spots are all the rest are disconfigured until the original sequence is restored. Sometimes the next day.

I agree that you can't always tell who the :() was. It would be really nice if the municipio would paint stripes on the street for parallel parking. It would save bumpers and tempers and create more parking availability.

Archived