Chapala.com Webboard

Clay Co. South Dakota not answering phone

conoe

Haven't received SD plate renewal notice. I got an email with renewal instructions from the SD BMV, but to renew with them, I have to show SD residence and a SD driver's license. The Clay County Treasurer's office is not answering the phone. Has the State shut them down? Anyone else having problems?

Thanks!

Haven't received SD plate renewal notice. I got an email with renewal instructions from the SD BMV, but to renew with them, I have to show SD residence and a SD driver's license. The Clay County Treasurer's office is not answering the phone. Has the State shut them down? Anyone else having problems?

Thanks!

The beauty of SD plates is that you do NOT have to show SD residence or SD drivers license. Give them any address in the US to mail the sticker and you are done.

Regards not answering their phone.... even it it weren't a Holiday, which it is/was..... the Clay County Treasurer's Office is a very small office, in a very small town, in a very small populated county, run by great great ladies. BUT, from time to time I have noticed they sometimes don't answer their phones. They are busy, with a small staff, helping people in person. If they don't answer, call back in a couple of hours.

AL Berca, maybe Intercasa should inform the transitos in Guadalajara especially those that stopped me two weeks ago just what the law is??Seems like my registration that is three years old from Texas was against the Mexican Law...

Did they fine you?

My plates expired 6 years ago and I have been pulled over a couple of times by transitos in Guadalajara,they didn't care about the expired tags.

Really, it's just another way to keep from being bored and potentially scam a foreigner. I once had a cop stop me for nothing on Lorenzo Cardenas... he was young... when we finally found a place to pull over, he looked around the vehicle on the outside. Then when he came to my window, I asked him what was wrong. He had this look of consternation on his face, and said "Nothing, really". I think he was being trained by the older transitos and hadn't quite gotten his scam set straight.

Yes and he did not write a ticket. Since I have lived in Mexico over twenty years and I would not have accepted it. Point is he stopped me, for what he said was expired registration. So no matter WHAT the law is or says.. it doesn't stop them from trying to extort money gringos who are not entirely accustom to this type action from law enforcement.

Yes and he did not write a ticket. Since I have lived in Mexico over twenty years and I would not have accepted it. Point is he stopped me, for what he said was expired registration. So no matter WHAT the law is or says.. it doesn't stop them from trying to extort money gringos who are not entirely accustom to this type action from law enforcement.

Over 20 years here and you're driving with expired texas plates?

What's your immigration status?

Archived