Chapala.com Webboard

CFE billing

tomgates

Exactly El Salto. My dates were the same as Tom Gates'. So I don't expect a bill for perhaps 60 days. Only time will tell. At least those of us with Solar systems wont be paying very much, even if the period is twice what it was.

You can take a previous bill to the CFE office and scan the bar code on the machine where you make your payment. It will bring up the current bill and you can pay it right there if you have a balance due.,

You can also make a "deposit" by just paying whatever amount you want. It will be held as a credit until your next bill is generated. We do that when we are going to be out of town when the bill will be due - or just if we have any doubts about when the bill will be generated. We missed paying once many years ago and it was a real ordeal to get service reinstated.

Remember bills for different areas come out at different times. My bills (San Juan Cosala) are now posted online. Due February 25th.

Everything about CFE is a pain.

I have a solar system for my house and a regular system for 2 casitas.

I pay $1000 MX in advance on both so I don;t have to worry about either.

Each one lasts about a year, give or take a bill or two.

It's more convenient than screwing around with missing bills, delayed bills, changing billing periods or just plain every month or so, paying them.

Everything about CFE is a pain.

I have a solar system for my house and a regular system for 2 casitas.

I pay $1000 MX in advance on both so I don;t have to worry about either.

Each one lasts about a year, give or take a bill or two.

It's more convenient than screwing around with missing bills, delayed bills, changing billing periods or just plain every month or so, paying them.

Yes, I think that is probably the best way to go. I am on solar and was been billed monthly on the 9th of the month. Then the December bill was as of the 23rd., 1 month plus 2 weeks. So I am guessing my next bill should be February 22 or 23rd.

I noticed that when I went into my account on the CFE website a couple of days ago it showed my previous bill from December on the page it took me too right after logging in. But in the lower left hand corner of that page there is a section called Estados de Cuenta and I could download a PDF of the February bill.

So when I first looked at the logon page it looked like the new bill wasn't available yet - but I could get it in the Estados de Cuenta section.

I downloaded the new bill on Monday and paid it at the CFE office in Chapala.

And now today the current/February bill is on the main page.and shows as Pagado. Easy once you figure out where to look - and it says you can pay online although we have always paid at the office in Chapala - so far.

I noticed that when I went into my account on the CFE website a couple of days ago it showed my previous bill from December on the page it took me too right after logging in. But in the lower left hand corner of that page there is a section called Estados de Cuenta and I could download a PDF of the February bill.

So when I first looked at the logon page it looked like the new bill wasn't available yet - but I could get it in the Estados de Cuenta section.

And now today the current/February bill is on the main page.and shows as Pagado. Easy once you figure out where to look - and it says you can pay online although we have always paid at the office in Chapala - so far.

Exactly what happened to me. I usually pay at Oxo but a Mexican friend says she never uses Oxo (trust issue) and pays at Walmart. To each their own.

I find it most convenient to download the PDF for my records, and use this to pay via the bank online.

Well I am now receiving my electric bill every two months instead of one. Apparently those of you who do no have photovoltaic solar panels are now or soon will be paying every month while those of us with electric solar panels will move from once per month to once every two months. Oh well, because I have one too many panels my bill was $46 pesos for two months instead of $23 to $24 pesos per month. here in Ajijic.

Archived