Chapala.com Webboard

Flying to U.S. via Mexico City question

Joyfull

It would be easier to get it stamped right at the airport in GDL than on connecting in DF. You might wind up with a close connection in DF. Here the INM guy is located just outside the international exit in a booth or if you are too early just knock on the door passengers come out and get someone.

It would be easier to get it stamped right at the airport in GDL than on connecting in DF. You might wind up with a close connection in DF. Here the INM guy is located just outside the international exit in a booth or if you are too early just knock on the door passengers come out and get someone.

didnt realize that it is okay to get stamped in GDL. That will make it easy. Does the AM agent in Mexico City take the csrd then?

Its our understanding that the Immigration document must be stamped at the departing airport.

There are two terminals in Mexico City airport and a location in each terminal for the IMN location to have your document stamped.

They are difficult to locate and the easiest way is to ask for directions.

I have done this many times. For a couple of years I submitted the card in DF, decided that was a pain and started doing it here in GDL. My feeling was it was the origin of my departure. Bottom line, never have had a problem doing it here.

Last time I went via Mexico City it was difficult to find the place to get the stamp. When finally I did there was no one there. It was just a desk sitting out in the middle of nowhere. When I tried to check in they sent me back to immigration at this desk. It was along way back so they had to hold the plane for me.

Just flew to Florida (FLL) on Volaris from GDL via MEX last night / today. We had a layover of six hours overnight in Mexico City. We went to the immigration window at GDL last evening before checking in at the Volaris counter. The chica at the window said that if you have a resident visa, either temporal or permanente, they can stamp your FMM form in GDL and then you just surrender the bottom part when you board your flight exiting Mexico in MEX. She said they didn't used to do it, but now they do. Way easier than finding the place in MEX. 

Interesting side note: because we were "connecting" through MEX and our checked bags were checked all the way through from GDL to FLL, our bags had a sticker that they were inspected in MEX while they were setting there for six hours. And we also were thoroughly reviewed this morning at the gate before we boarded the flight from MEX to FLL, after we had gone through the normal security check to enter the secure gate areas. They went through every pocket of our carry-ons, requested we remove belts and shoes, show them the bottoms of our feet, and get fully frisked!!! By the time we got on the plane, we felt VERY secure!!!

Archived