Chapala.com Webboard

Mexico a Photographers Candy Store

After writing the book, Don't Retire in Mexico, admittedly a very deceptive title, My wife and enjoy looking at some of the old utube shows I made while living there. Florida is great for our medicare needs, but doesn't come close to offering the lifestyle and pleasure we found while living in Ajijic. We miss it...we envy those of you who still live in our paradise and wish we were with you.

For those of you who may not read Spanish, the Kiko post above says, I should add a disclaimer saying this video includes graphic and happy smiling faces of Mexicans! Thanks Kiko, great idea

interesting post from a La Manzanilla resident:

Very well done. I think I recognized just about every location that you included. You said all within 200 miles of Lake Chapala, which means that you have to take Route 80 to get to La Manzanilla instead of the cuotas for the pictures of the Tenacatita Bay to qualify. It is 235 miles via Colima on the cuotas but almost exactly 35 miles less by the ruta libre. Liked the music selections as well. We live in La Manzanilla on the Tenacatita Bay half the year (I'm there/here now) and on Lake Chapala the rest of the year. I liked the photography and the quality of the images, even during the special-effects transitions. How you could have ever expected anyone to watch for more than 16 minutes is beyond me, though. I'll watch the second half tomorrow. Good work of love that includes a lot of talent and dedication. Thanks for a memorable ride around here, including some new stuff for me and some just plain great shots. Loved it.

Archived