Chapala.com Webboard

Recommendations for reputable auto tire dealer

Sandrita

I always used the tire dealer on the Libramiento, up near the red tower and the driveway to Hotel Perico. Excellent service. I doubt that they take credit cards, especially from the USA. If that is important, I suggest Costco.

We ordered 4 tires from the guy on the libramiento and he said they would get them the next day. After going 3 days in a row he kept putting us off so we gave up. I never see anyone in there any more.

We went to Car City and they matched the price and the tires came in that afternoon.

We ordered 4 tires from the guy on the libramiento and he said they would get them the next day. After going 3 days in a row he kept putting us off so we gave up. I never see anyone in there any more.

We went to Car City and they matched the price and the tires came in that afternoon.

j

I had a similar experience at the Goodyear place. Promised the tyres would be there in 2 days. When I went to get them he didn't even seem to remember the order, even though I'd given him a deposit. I got my money refunded and then went to Hernandez (?) just west of Superlake. He picked up the Pirelli tyres I needed in Guadalajara and had them ready to install the next day

-LLANTERAS Y TALLERES-

 GRUPO OLMESA

CHAPALA: AV. MADERO 483-B TEL. 765-3975

JOCOTEPEC: CARR. OTE. 32 (PRIMER CHANTE) TEL: 013877633129 Y 763 0787.

Call the Chapala shop and ask them if they have a number for the Ajijic location.

The Chapala llantera Olmesa (previously) location is now a carniceria....has been for a long time, several years, ever since the kidnapping.

I always used the tire dealer on the Libramiento, up near the red tower and the driveway to Hotel Perico. Excellent service. I doubt that they take credit cards, especially from the USA. If that is important, I suggest Costco.

Will only put Toyo tires on my car, and this location was the only one to provide this brand at a price no one could come close to, with installation, new stems and balance.

Costco always has the freshest tires cause they sell more. Google "tire age, determining" and read up on how to tell age of new tire. Don't buy any that are over a year old. They don't just wear out, they break down chemically and show few or no signs than sudden failure at the worst time.

Costco is the place to buy tires, fresh inventory, no Chinese fakes.

Check the the date of mfg. by looking on the sidewall by the DOT # example: 1612 16= the 16th week of the year. 12 = the year made 2012

Tires age on the shelf and can become unsafe!

My 2005 Nissan is wearing Costco and I can confirm that they sell new, "fresh" tires.

Fun anecdote - A few months ago I managed to drive over a horseshoe and puncture our (almost brand new) tire. I won't even say what we were quoted at the auto shops in our small town, but we ended up driving into Guadalajara on our spare. The Costco guys had a good laugh at our predicament, repaired the punctured tire and guaranteed their work for a grand total of $60.00 MXN.

Archived