Chapala.com Webboard

Burning Questions

hensley

Some questions about burning, I know it is bad and I hate it but when you have a whole lot nearby that people are starting to spend the night in and it is really becoming a eye sore for dumping. Are there rules for doing a controlled burn, do you need to get permission? It is in Upper Riberas.

It is too big of an area to have cleared. Unless you volunteer.

Thanks

To do burning properly, best to consult and advise Chapala's fire department. Contact director Enrique Perales at 766-5252. But perhaps it would be best to start by reporting the dumping issue to the city's Ecology office, director Rafael Aguilar, the last office, north wing on the second floor of city hall.

Sorry you didn't appreciate the logic of my answer.

Until you contacted them and detailed YOUR problem, you have no idea what kind of help to expect.

Piles of trash and rubbish and overgrowth of underbrush are a health hazard because they invite vermin to reside.

That's an ecological and environmental problem.

I wanted to say the same thing as Sayaca but did not know the phone number and actual names to contact. At least that is where I would start (to do it properly and responsibly) and go from there . I saved the information for future reference (if needed). Thank you.

Then on the end it might get to Datura's advice. You never know.

We have a problem with the fishermen on the lake. Normally they stay a few weeks and move on this time, it has been months. They are slowly approaching the federal land in front of our property. And it is staring to look trashy . I went down and picked up all the junk in front of my home and filled and huge dog food bag. Then went back with several large trash bags and asked them to clean up and told them to leave it at a spot where the garbage men would pick it up. I KNOW, DON'T HOLD MY BREATH. but just maybe?

Archived