Chapala.com Webboard

Conversational Spanish

Guest irolbackwards

Guest irolbackwards

updated: Aug 21, 2007

My apologize! Tonight, I have just received word that I'm still going to be stuck here for a couple more weeks.

I look forward to meeting with those who want to have a conversational class when I get back!

L

[NT=Arial]

You have got to be kidding!! If I know who this is (AND i AM SURE i DO) A COUPLE MORE WEEKS!!

I am not sure that my spouso and I will be able to join this group as our spanish is very poor compared to others on this board. We would love to be involved. We shall see what happens.

Guest irolbackwards

Hey you! I'm so sorry! I'll call you and explain! By the way, it's very entertaining on this board, especially when you're waiting and waiting and waiting to come home. hehe

Probably not as entertaining for the others as much as it is for me...

by the way, this class is for people like you that CAN'T speak a Spanish...you and your spososo hehe

lesson 1: you have an E-sposo!

I knew after I answered that it is espooso as in our intro class nothing in espanol begins with an s it is always es. Looking forward to hearing from you

[NT=Arial]

I am not sure that my spouso and I will be able to join this group as our spanish is very poor compared to others on this board. We would love to be involved. We shall see what happens.

No te preocupes por el. Es necesario de empezar en alguna parte. Es la verdad por todos. La gente Mexicano es muy amable. Ellos le ayudaré. Elisabet

Don't worry about it. It's necessary to start somewhere. That's true for everyone. The Mexican people are very kind. They will help you. Liz ;)

Thank you Liz for the encouragement. I really want to learn Spanish so that I can live here and be able to speak with some sense to the people here. They are wonderful people and I feel blessed to live here.

• 4 weeks later...

As a suggestion some folks may wish to check out the online teachings of www.warrenhardy.com

I have taken Level 1 (classroom) and will continue on, but for those out

not in San Miguel de Allende it's worth visiting the site as there are lots

of freebie exercises just by registering.

Creo que la cosa mas importante gue vocabulario o cosas gramaticos es su accento. Debemos escuchar a los mexicanos por aprenderlo, ¿verdad?

Pocos años antes, hablé como el chimpanze de Tarzan.

Hoy, hablo como Tarzan el mismo.

Guest irolbackwards

Tal vez Tarzen puede venir y corejir(spell?) la pronunciacion. Mejor, no? Y la idea es que un nacional va estar con nosotros que puede corejirnos. Asi es lo que queremos, platicar sobre cosas que necesitamos para vivir o ir un lugar. Una clase práctico.

Guest irolbackwards

Howdy!

Originally, when I was thinking about a conversational class I was living in Guadalajara full time and only here in San Antonio on the weekends. Well, we are here living at Lakeside full time now and so I can be a little more flexible on a day. I tried to take a toll but that didn't work.

Is everyone agreeable to meeting on a Friday afternoon around 1 p.m.? My personal goal is to try and help the people that are new or struggling with getting around. If some come in and are more advanced like RVGRINGO, who's turned into Tarzan, we can have 2 classes or the more advanced one's can mentor(love that word) the others. Also, I'm open to talk about the cultural adjustment.

There are some very good schools and tutors around lakeside. I'm not personally a book learner in this department. I had and continue to learn by talking. Many people comment on my Spanish and it's because I talk, a lot! I work very hard on my pronunciation. I don't think it's a big secret that I sing in Spanish, so pronunciation is very important to me. I've asked a national speaker if they would join us to help with pronunciation as well.

Don't worry about it. It's necessary to start somewhere. That's true for everyone. The Mexican people are very kind. They will help you. Liz ;)

Aquí van las correcciones, con todo respeto.

"No te preocupes por él. Es necesario empezar en algún sitio (alguna parte). Es cierto para todos. La gente mexicana es muy amable. Ellos te ayudarán."

Creo que la cosa mas importante gue vocabulario o cosas gramaticos es su accento. Debemos escuchar a los mexicanos por aprenderlo, ¿verdad?

Pocos años antes, hablé como el chimpanze de Tarzan.

Hoy, hablo como Tarzan el mismo.

"Creo que más importante que el vocabulario o cosas gramáticas, es su acento. Debemos escuchar a los mexicanos para aprender, ¿verdad?

Hace algunos años (algunos años atrás) hablaba como el chimpacé de Tarzán. Hoy hablo como Tarzán mismo."

Tienes razón... :D

Tal vez Tarzen puede venir y corejir(spell?) la pronunciacion.  Mejor, no?  Y la idea es que un nacional va estar con nosotros que puede corejirnos.  Asi es lo que queremos, platicar sobre cosas que necesitamos para vivir o ir un lugar.  Una clase práctico.

"Tal vez Tarzán pueda venir a correjirnos la pronunciación (a correjir nuestra pronunciación). Mejor, ¿no? Y la idea es que un nacional esté con nosotros para que pueda correjirnos. Eso es lo que queremos, platicar sobre cosas que necesitamos para vivir o ir a un lugar. Una clase práctica."

Cabe mencionar que no todas las frases pueden ser traducidas literalmente, ya que si así se hiciera, podrían carecer de sentido.

(Somebody can translate this for me. Is another way to practise.) :P

It bears mentioning that not all phrases (or sentences) can be translated literally, and inasmuch as one tries to do it that way, the meaning can be lost (or lacking) (in the translation).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest irolbackwards

Just thought I'd add that this class is a lot of fun! We've moved indoors now that it's turned a bit chilly. There is a church next to Mail Boxes Etc. San Antonio under the large clock.

Cost is a 10 peso tip. Wednesday afternoons at 2:30 p.m. for an hour. We are very pleased with our teacher, who is an attorney from Colombia. She brought in a Mexican neighbor for us to practice on last week. If you can laugh at your mistakes, come on down!

• 1 month later...
Guest irolbackwards

Class will resume Wednesday, January 2, from 5-6 p.m. Abundant Life Church next to Mail Boxes Etc. in San Antonio.

$20 pesos tip

Private lessons are offered by our teacher for $150 pesos per hour class.

She is an excellent teacher from Colombia!

I can also recommend another teacher from El Salvador, who offers classes in Ajijic.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived