Chapala.com Webboard

NEED RECOMMENDATION FOR US LICENSED PROBATE LAWYER

ezpz

Many states have small estate laws which allow people to claim their relatives property or as executor with no probate filed without probate and with a notarized affidavit. California, for example has a provision for this in their Probate Code and it can be used for non real estate assets up to $150,000. Hope this could help you or altert others that such laws exist to be able to do it without an attorney.

TX, Intercasa, but, as I said, this issue is very murky and mysterious owing to the fact that none of my relatives or family are given to open, honest communication much less, closeness. I'm actually trying to unravel a mystery going back 5 years, and I would really like some professional advice. I don't even know where to start with this. I just need some advice to clarify this particular situation and my possible choices, if there even are any.

Many counties have online searches for cases so you may want to see if a case has been filed prior to talking to an attorney as that may impact your future dealings

I think he said TX as in "Thanks" rather than Texas... as he said "Maryland" in post #3.

I sent a PM to ezpz with contact info for one of my former law associates (licensed in VA, DC and MD) who can advise and handle it or send ezpc in the right direction. No consultation fee for that call.

Archived