Chapala.com Webboard

cold weather

bezerk

I don't try to warm the house, I warm myself.

As suggested above, this is the season to bake.

Also, the dog gets an extra walk in the early afternoon, I wear a silk layer under sweats, or I go out to the patio until I am toasty warm and need a beer.

I alternate locations and change shirts depending on my personal warmth. Afternoon naps with a warm microwave pillow are a delight. Sleeping in the cool night is lovely.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting perspectives...personally I remain cold and really do not have clothes for winter temps as such, each year seems to be getting colder. 17 years and counting but I moved here for warm weather...not hats and gloves.

Mother Nature is not suiting me well lately. sigh..

Could it be that some of us are losing our tolerance for the cold due to living here for a while where the new 70 is 75F and as a rule we do get colder as we get older. Right?? Look at the Mexicans in fur lined Parkas some mornings up on the hill in Ajijic. They shake heads at me in the morning when I am walking in shorts and a shirt sleeve shirt. I can do this when I am moving. If I am not moving its back to sweatpants and a denim shirt for me.

Many Mexicans in PV are as bundled up as I remember in Lakeside. It must be what we adapt to. I have also been putting on heavier clothes that I would never have needed up there for the same temperature. An interesting phenomenon.

no doubt we acclimate..but it is February , yes locito Febrero but still should be warming up and yet I heard it is going to get colder..plus where is the nice sunny sunshine...I am looking like the kids in bundles of clothes and just ordered a winter wardrobe, yup...clearance so preparing for next year...

I am old but probably not old enough to use the get colder as get older proverb. I came here quite young actually. Least for 17 years ago.

For me reasons to live here: climate and cost of living, both not looking so great in my humble opinion lately.

sigh....please sun, hot sun come out..and stay out...warm up this stone house...ugh

Archived