Chapala.com Webboard

Dumping grey water in street

Can someone tell me, what are the laws concerning dumping grey water in the street? There are a few people around here doing it every few days and frankly, it stinks and it's ghetto. It's not just a bucket full either, they are pumping out large tanks from their property and it sits in the road for a few days.

I can advise you to call SIMAPA , there you can submit your complaint and to know how long the problem will be solved.
Regards.
SIMAPA Ajijic Oficina Guadalupe Victoria No 63 simapaajijic@gmail.com 766 0423 SIMAPA Chapala Dependencia Av. Madero No 202 simapachapala@hotmail.com

765 8010

Ext. 127

Are you sure it is not rain water from holding tanks....many folks have those, so rain on their property goes in and then later is pumped out. I have one myself and we are emptying it completely to seal it..then will pump out with rain..and garden water ..as opposed to drains dumping in streets continaully I guess.

The sewers are overflowing lately from unexpected rains I guess so this is least of problems along with the buckets thrown in street daily...

I am laughing..ghetto..really..take a look around, this is not Palm Beach! LOL

Grey water isn't too bad. One of my neighbors was regularly pumping their septic tank (black water) into the street. Apparently the health department is the place to contact about this.

In my case I have rather large pond that I do not fill with water. And after a rain, my gardener will drain it into the yard which then drains into the street. Obviously your problem is different as we have not had any rain lately.

Good luck

You need to remember that in the USA the state of Florida mandates that plants and turff even on the medians need be irrigated with grey water instead od fresh. My neighbors all flush their pools out into the street when they backwash, but I've nevere heard a complaint.

Archived